Followers

Wednesday 19 January 2022

White Stripes Tribute EP

Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground

Dead leaves and the dirty ground when I know you're not around
Shiny tops and soda pops when I hear your lips make a sound
When I hear your lips make a sound
Thirty notes in the mailbox will tell you that I'm coming home
And I think I'm gonna stick around for a while so you're not alone
For a while so you're not alone

If you can hear a piano fall you can hear me coming down the hall
If I could just hear your pretty voice I don't think I need to see at all
I don't think I need to see at all
Soft hair and a velvet tongue I want to give you what you give to me
And every breath that is in your lungs is a tiny little gift to me
Is a tiny little gift to me

I didn't feel so bad until the sun went down then I come home
No one to wrap my arms around wrap my arms around
Well any man with a microphone can tell you what he loves the most
And you know why you love at all if you're thinking of the holy ghost
If you're thinking of the holy ghost

Seven Nation Army

I'm gonna fight them off a seven nation army couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip it off taking their time right behind my back
And I'm talking to myself at night because I can't forget
Back and forth through my mind behind a cigarette
And the message coming from my eyes says leave it alone

Don't wanna hear about it every single one's got a story to tell
Everyone knows about it from the Queen of England to the hounds of hell
And if I catch it coming back my way I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear but that's what I'll do
And the feeling coming from my bones says find a home

I'm going to Wichita far from this opera forevermore
I'm gonna work the straw make the sweat drip out of every pore
And I'm bleeding, and I'm bleeding, and I'm bleeding right before the Lord
All the words are gonna bleed from me and I will think no more
And the stains coming from my blood tell me go back home

Blue Orchid

You got a reaction you got a reaction, didn't you?
You took a white orchid you took a white orchid turned it blue
Something better than nothing something better than nothing, it's giving up
We all need to do something try to keep the truth from showing up
How dare you how old are you now, anyway?
How dare you how old are you now, anyway?

You're given a flower but I guess there's just no pleasing you
Your lip tastes sour but you think that it's just me teasing you
You got a reaction you got a reaction, didn't you?
You took a white orchid you took a white orchid turned it blue
Get behind me get behind me now, anyway
Get behind me get behind me now, anyway
You got a reaction you got a reaction, didn't you?
You took a white orchid you took a white orchid turned it blue

One More Cup Of Coffee

Your breath is sweet your eyes are like two jewels in the sky.
Your back is straight, your hair is smooth on the pillow where you lie.
But I don't sense affection no gratitude or love
Your loyalty is not to me but to the stars above.
One more cup of coffee for the road
One more cup of coffee before I go to the valley below.

Your daddy he's an outlaw and a wanderer by trade
He'll teach you how to pick and choose and how to throw the blade
He oversees his kingdom so no stranger does intrude
His voice it trembles as he calls out for another plate of food
One more cup of coffee for the road
One more cup of coffee before I go to the valley below.

Your sister sees the future like your mama and yourself
You've never learned to read or write there's no books upon your shelf.
And your pleasure knows no limits your voice is like a meadowlark
But your heart is like an ocean mysterious and dark
One more cup of coffee for the road
One more cup of coffee before I go to the valley below.

Fell In Love With A Girl

Fell in love with a girl I fell in love once and almost completely
She's in love with the world but sometimes these feelings can be so misleading
She turns and says are you alright I said I must be fine because my heart's still beating
Come and kiss me by the riverside Bobby says it's fine he don't consider it cheating now

Red hair with a curl mellow roll for the flavor and the eyes were peeping
Can't keep away from the girl these two sides of my brain need to have a meeting
Can't think of anything to do my left brain knows that all love is fleeting
She's just looking for something new I said it once before but it bears repeating now

Icky Thump

Icky thump who'da thunk sitting drunk on a wagon to Mexico
Well what a chump well my head got a bump when I hit it on the radio
Redhead señorita looking dead came and said need a bed en Español
I said gimme a drink a water I'm gonna sing around the collar and I don't need a microphone

Icky thump with a lump in my throat grabbed my coat and I was freaking I was ready to go!
And I swear besides the hair she had one white eye one blank stare looking up lying there
On the stand near her hand was a candy cane black rum, sugar cane dry ice and something strange

White Americans, what nothing better to do why don't you kick yourself out you're an immigrant too
Who's using who what should we do well you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too
Icky thump, handcuffed to a bunk robbed blind looked around and there was nobody else
Left alone I hit myself with a stone went home and learned how to clean up after myself

No comments: