Followers

Saturday 29 January 2022

Lindisfarne Tribute EP

Fog On The Tyne

Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls
Slipping down slowly slipping down sideways think I'll sign off the dole
Because the fog on the Tyne is all mine
The fog on the Tyne is all mine

Could a copper catch a crooked coffin maker could a copper comprehend
That a crooked coffin maker is just an undertaker who undertakes to be a friend
Because the fog on the Tyne is all mine
The fog on the Tyne is all mine

Tell the truth tomorrow today will take it's time to tell you what tonight will bring,
Presently we'll have a pint or two together everybody do their thing
We can swing together we can have a wee wee we can have a wet on the wall
If someone slips a whisper that his simple sister slapped them down and they slavered on their smalls
Because the fog on the Tyne is all mine
The fog on the Tyne is all mine

Kings Cross Blues

Early train starts on time everybody else is feeling fine
Reading the papers and studying the form and the people just taking this as norm.
Except me I don't seem to function till at least a quarter to three
Stare at the floor I don't want to take this Kings Cross train no more.
I'm drinking whiskey at the bar can't afford the dining car
Ruddy faced soldiers drink and curse buy themselves out if it gets worse.
Grates on me because I don't even share the same philosophy leaving the bar
Well, I wish that Kings Cross station didn't have to be so far.
Kings Cross blues Kings Cross blues

Well, taking this journey to the South to find work to feed the extra mouth
I'll find it hard to have to say because they don't talk the same way.
Grates on me well, I don't even share the same philosophy leaving the bar
Wish that Kings Cross station didn't have to be so far.
Kings Cross blues Kings Cross blues

Love Is A Pain

Love is a pain in the neck it leaves your head in a mess
You started out fine like a bottle of wine but you end up just like a wreck.
Love can burn you real bad, make the happy into the sad
If you will play with fire, then your burning desire will one day surely drive you mad.
And I know it's hard and I understand when a woman like you must have a man
And a man like me ain't too proud to be in your hands.

Love can bring you right down from the top to the bottom of the ground
Love is a leveller regular devil a clown.
And I know it's hard and I understand when a woman like you must have a man
And a man like me ain't too proud to be in your hands.

Love is a pain in the neck it leaves your head in a mess
You started out fine like a bottle of wine but you end up just like a wreck.
And I know it's hard and I understand when a woman like you must have a man
And a man like me ain't too proud to be in your hands

Unfinished Business 

Well hello friend it's so long since I saw you was it back in '69
We filled our days with talk about the revolution and our nights with cheap red wine
We missed our chance to say goodbye, so we got unfinished business, you and I.
Do you recall the man who sang of freedom and how we thought we could all join in
When for a while it seemed to be so easy it felt so good it didn't change a thing
We beat the drum we nailed the sound, but there was unfinished business still around.
Whatever we knew then, we ought to know it now
We've got to catch that train and ride while we still remember how

Well we could meet up for a cappuccino we could talk about the days gone by
You could wear your denims from Moschino I could wear my Homer Simpson tie
We've been around, that much is true, and we got unfinished business, me and you.
Whatever we knew then, we ought to know it now
We've got to catch that train and ride while we still remember how

And now they've closed my job down at the union I got a silver handshake, how about you?
But I got pride and I still got my values and I hear they're hiring down at B&Q
That's the thing about life, just gets in the way and I think about unfinished business every day
And I think about unfinished business every day and I think about unfinished business every day
Whatever we knew then, we ought to know it now
We've got to catch that train and ride while we still remember how

You Put The Laff On Me

All my friends they told me about you how you always running around
Here I am now sitting without you and the story's all over town.
You put the laff on me you put the laff on me

First you acted so tenderly but you played it to your own rules
Then you went and told everybody that you took me for a fool.
You put the laff on me you put the laff on me

It all ended so quick somehow they were right and I was wrong
Tell me, does it give you a kick now to know you've been featured in a song.
You put the laff on me you put the laff on me

Where Is My Sixpence?

Where is my six-pence I have a hole in my pocket
Maybe it's gone down the drain maybe it'll turn up again.
Someone is leaving me she has her reasons why
Maybe she'll return to me maybe she will not.
Where are my old brown boots with holes in the soles that always let in the wet
Maybe I'll get them fixed down the street maybe I'll just let the rain wet my feet.

Someone left me space behind a small ink blot on my mind
Now I'm just one again and I'm feeling rather strange.
Where is my sunshine with golden summer skies filled with spring time?
Someone stole my weekends someone made my night time black.
Where is my six-pence I have a hole in my pocket
Maybe it's gone down the drain maybe it'll turn up again.

No comments: