Followers

Friday 21 January 2022

Meat Loaf Tribute EP

 Bat Out Of Hell

The sirens are screaming and the fires are howling way down in the valley tonight.
There's a man in the shadows with a gun in his eye and a blade shining so bright.
There's evil in the air and there's thunder in sky and a killer's on the bloodshot streets.
And down in the tunnel where the deadly are rising I swear I saw a young boy down in the gutter,
He was starting to foam in the heat.
You're the only thing in this whole world that's pure and good and right.
And wherever you are and wherever you go there's always gonna be some light.
But I gotta get out I gotta break it out now before the final crack of dawn.
So we gotta make the most of our one night together when it's over you know we'll both be so alone.
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes when the night is over 
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes.
But when the day is done, and the sun goes down, and the moonlight's shining through,
Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven I'll come crawling on back to you.

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver black phantom bike.
When the metal is hot and the engine is hungry and we're all about to see the light.
Nothing ever grows in this rotting old hole and everything is stunted and lost.
And nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost.
And I know that I'm damned if I never get out and maybe I'm damned if I do,
But with every other beat I've got left in my heart you know I'd rather be damned with you.
Well, if I gotta be damned you know I wanna be damned dancing through the night with you.
Well, if I gotta be damned you know I wanna be damned dancing through the night with you.
You're the only thing in this whole world that's pure and good and right.
And wherever you are and wherever you go there's always gonna be some light.
But I gotta get out I gotta break it out now before the final crack of dawn.
So we gotta make the most of our one night together when it's over you know we'll both be so alone.
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes when the night is over 
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes.
But when the day is done, and the sun goes down, and the moonlight's shining through,
Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven I'll come crawling on back to you.

I can see myself tearing up the road faster than any other boy has ever gone.
And my skin is raw but my soul is ripe no one's gonna stop me now,
I'm gonna make my escape but I can't stop thinking of you,
And I never see the sudden curve until it's way too late.
And I never see the sudden curve until it's way too late.
Then I'm dying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun.
Torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike.
And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell.
And the last thing I see is my heart still beating,
Breaking out of my body and flying away like a bat out of hell.
Then I'm dying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun.
Torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike.
And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell.
And the last thing I see is my heart still beating, still beating,
Breaking out of my body and flying away like a bat out of hell

I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

And I would do anything for love I'd run right into hell and back
I would do anything for love I'll never lie to you and that's a fact
But I'll never forget the way you feel right now no way
And I would do anything for love but I won't do that,
No I won't do anything for love I would do anything for love
I would do anything for love but I won't do that no I won't do that

And some days it don't come easy and some days it don't come hard
Some days it don't come at all and these are the days that never end
And some nights you're breathing fire and some nights you're carved in ice
Some nights you're like nothing I've ever seen before, or will again
And maybe I'm crazy it's crazy and it's true
I know you can save me no one else can save me now but you
As long as the planets are turning as long as the stars are burning
As long as your dreams are coming true you better believe it!
That I would do anything for love and I'll be there until the final act
And I would do anything for love and I'll take the vow and seal a pact
But I'll never forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight
And I would do anything for love  I would do anything for love!
I would do anything for love but I won't do that no I won't do that!
I would do anything for love anything you've been dreaming of but I just won't do that

And some days I pray for Silence and some days I pray for Soul
Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N' Roll
And some nights I lose the feeling and some nights I lose control
Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls
And maybe I'm lonely that's all I'm qualified to be
There's just one and only one and only promise I can keep
As long as the wheels are turning as long as the fires are burning
As long as your prayers are coming true you better believe it!
That I would do anything for love and you know it's true and that's a fact
I would do anything for love and there'll never be no turning back
But I'll never do it better than I do it with you so long
And I would do anything for love  I would do anything for love!
I would do anything for love but I won't do that no I won't do that!
I would do anything for love anything you've been dreaming of but I just won't do that
But I'll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life no way
And I would do anything for love I would do anything for love
I would do anything for love but I won't do that no I won't do that

Will you raise me up will you help me down?
Will you help get me right out of this Godforsaken town?
Will you make it all a little less cold?
I can do that I can do that!
Will you hold me sacred will you hold me tight
Can you colorize my life I'm so sick of black and white!
Can you make it all a little less old
I can do that I can do that!
Will you make me some magic with your own two hands?
Can you build an Emerald city with these grains of sand?
Can you give me something I can take home?
I can do that I can do that
Will you cater to every fantasy I've got?
Will ya hose me down with holy water if I get too hot?
Will you take me to places I'll never know?
I can do that! I can do that!
After a while you'll forget everything
Just a brief interlude, and a mid-summer night's fling
Then you'll see that it's time to move on
I won't do that I won't do that
I know the territory I've been around
It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down
Sooner or later you'll be screwing around
I won't do that I won't do that
Anything for love I would do anything for love!
I would do anything for love but I won't do that no I won't do that

Rock 'N' Roll Hero

I sold my soul to rock 'n' roll when it didn't cost a thing
Stacks of scratched up 45's and taught myself how to sing
What does it take to be a rock 'n' roll hero just like the king
Living your life in a blaze of glory burning it up in a smoke filled club
Giving your soul to the world

Like a rock 'n' roll hero a soldier of fortune in the night
Like a rock 'n' roll hero when the white hot lights cut through the night
And the sound of the thunder starts roaring that's when you know 
What you're saving it for and you're feeling like a rock 'n' roll hero

I owe it all to rock 'n' roll and I wouldn't want to change a thing
Got this old guitar strapped around my neck and my baby waiting in the wings
What does it take to be a rock 'n' roll hero just like the king
Living your life in a blaze of glory burning it up in a smoke filled club
Giving your soul to the world

Dead Ringer For Love

Every night I grab some money and I go down to the bar
I got my buddies and a beer, I got a dream, I need a car
You got me begging on my knees, come on and throw the dog a bone
A man he doesn't live by rock 'n roll and brew alone

Rock 'n roll and brew, rock 'n roll and brew
They don't mean a thing when I compare them next to you
Rock 'n roll and brew, rock 'n roll and brew
I know that you and I we got better things to do
I don't know who you are or what you do, or where you go when you're not around
I don't know anything about you but you're everything I'm dreaming of
I don't know who you are, but you're a real dead ringer for love
A real dead ringer for love

Ever since I can remember you been hanging around this joint
You been trying to look away but now you finally got the point
I don't have to know your name and I won't tell you what to do
But a girl she doesn't live by only rock 'n roll and brew

You got the kind of legs that do more than walk
I don't have to listen to your whimpering talk
Listen you got the kind of eyes that do more than see
You got a lotta nerve to come on to me
You got the kind of lips that do more than drink
You got the kind of mind that does less than think
But since I'm feeling kinda lonely and my defenses are low
Why don't you give it a shot and get it ready to go
I'm looking for anonymous and fleeting satisfaction
I want to tell my daddy I'll be missing in action
Ever since I can remember I've been hanging around this joint
My daddy never noticed, now he'll finally get the point
You got me begging on my knees, come on and throw the dog a bone
A man he doesn't live by rock 'n roll and brew alone

Bad Attitude

They say you never come home you been driving too fast
When you gonna shape up how long is this gonna last
You may be laughing today but listen to some good advice
And take a look at tomorrow in a working man's weary eyes
You gotta pick a career go for the gold smile for the camera do what you're told
Well you can take away the ladder because I ain't gonna climb it
If there's a stairway to heaven I swear I'm gonna find it

Well there are winners and outlaws and leaders and lovers behind every man in the news
And one thing I know is behind everyone there's a boy who had nothing to lose
Behind every man who has something to say there's a boy who had nothing to prove
And every hero was once every villain was once just a boy with a bad attitude
Every hero was once every villain was once just a boy with a bad attitude

She says you never call, how come you're acting so tough
You either hold me too tight or you don't hold me enough
Don't be afraid of me angel, I ain't about to clip your wings
Just put your feet on the ground and your arms around the real thing
You gotta love me for keeps feather the nest plan for the future and gimme your best
We are never going to have a normal family life
Steaming up and down the speedway on the back of your bike

Bad attitude, you got us tearing our hair
Such a bad attitude you just don't seem to care
We try to lay down the rules, but you were born to refuse
What's the world gonna do with a boy like you
You got it bad, you got a bad attitude
You try to lay down the rules, well I was born to refuse
What's the world gonna do with a man like you
You got a bad you got a bad attitude

In The Land Of The Pig, The Butcher Is King

Look at them now what do they want and what do they do now nothing at all!
What do they know what do they think and who do they tell well, no one at all!
Lives are truly meaningless and we are busy being blessed
With that we can take and pocket no one needs to know
We're is the plug and they're the socket give us the juice and we'll go

Can't you hear the choir now listen to the animals sing!
Can't you hear the slaughterhouse bells?
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king!
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king!

How do they sleep their lives are so tart bring me the trash collectors because they're nothing but trash
What do you expect they've got no standards so we lower the bar because they're waiting for us
We'll open up Pandora's Box Pandora gave her keys and locks
They're the big dogs waiting for their mother come to the confessional
So I can tell you all to bugger off there's no time like now!

And we'll do it our way it's our time to play
We know what to say they stand in our way
Don't stand in our way no time like today
Can't you hear the choir now listen to the anthems we sing!
Can't you hear the slaughterhouse bells?
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king!
Can't you hear the choir now listen to the animals sing!
Can't you hear the slaughterhouse bells?
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king!

No comments: