Followers

Sunday 2 January 2022

Type O Negative Tribute EP IV

She Burned Me Down

She burned me down, down to the ground
She burned me down, down to the ground

Blood though thicker than water is harder to clean up
You'll get it in the end boy if the weapon of choice is love
Expecting it from a stranger or maybe an acquaintance
Never from family or friends though a simple mistake and expense

Pissed and disappointed I prey to learn to forgive
If I can't find it in my heart then I have no reason to live
Here is an education - the lesson professed is quite cruel
There are some things worse than death and one of them is you

Every time I see her start a fire I get higher
Every time I see her start a fire I get higher

Some Stupid Tomorrow

I can't play God forgiveness is hard forgiving also hard too I have my orders
Blood's thicker than water though much harder to clean up
IOI in on it, IOI in on it never forget

Punching in walls to prove I've got balls only got me busted knuckles
Therapy is slow and jail is a no a rotting tit on which I suckle
IOI in on it, IOI in on it never forget

Some stupid tomorrow some stupid today
Some stupid tomorrow go away, go away yesterday

Dead Again

The first to admit I'm a doomed drug addict
And I always will be hey man, don't follow me
No excuse for drug abuse said these lines a thousand times
Don't want to live atrial fib - from neurosis, cirrhosis

Please make me smile if you learn from my trial
I'll pay this price maybe saving your life for ya
I can't state this point enough the pickup's easy, but the put down's rough
Up the nose or tap a vein no one else but you to blame

I can't believe I died last night I'm dead again
I can't believe I died last night I'm fucking dead again

Chemical joy turning thee paranoid recently buried deep Greenwood Cemetery, now
I had no pulse last time I checked I'd trade my life for self respect
So I say with my ass whipped there are some things worse than death
I can't believe I died last night I'm dead again
I can't believe I died last night I'm fucking dead again

(We Were) Electrocute

We were electrocute in our has-been 1980's suits
So electrocute everyone we knew said it was true
That's when even strangers knew our names
Ten years later sighed what a shame

We were electrocute to make the point again is moot
So electrocute how on you I've wasted my youth
Your cold eyes of Coney Island sand
Hair dyed the blood of a foolish man

So proud to be by your side
We were a team no one denied
Even though I still miss your lips
You're about as real as your tits

 Anesthesia

Like a flash of light in an endless night
Life is trapped between two black entities
Because when you trust someone, illusion has begun
No way to prepare, impending despair

Did one say so cruel, "'Tis better to love than lose."
Ignorance is bliss wish not knew your kiss
So many times been burned, this lesson goes unlearned
Remember desire only fuels the fire liar
Betwixt birth and death, every breath regret
I pity the living, envy for the dead
Emotionally stunned, in defense, I'm numb
I'd rather not care than to be aware be scared
I don't need love I don't need love

Are ten thousand tears worth a single smile?
When you give an inch, will they take a mile?
Longing for the past but dreading the future
If not being used, well then you're a user and a loser
World renowned failure at both death and life
Given nothingness, purgatory blight
To run and hide, a cowardly procedure
Options exhausted, except for anesthesia 
I don't feel anything I don't feel anything

Hail And Farewell To Britain

Once upon a slime I thought you royalty I would never have questioned your loyalty
Don't act so surprised, saw through you disguise but with friends like you prefer my enemies
Up until recently never had a clue in a way I must admit I pity you
I'm through with your kind because you have wasted my time
Please do not release them, Lord knows what they do
I can't believe how cruel life is
Emotional blackmail makes me sick

Who is to blame for constant shame on you these words I use don't confuse with cool
This misfortune not lost but won deserved choosing is hard careful which God you serve
Traitors many, surrounding me cowards conspiracy so clear to see flowers
We were brothers until discovered deceit tried with treason that's the reason you're beat
I can't believe how cruel life is
Emotional blackmail makes me sick

All hail and farewell to Britain, all hail and farewell to thee
All hail and farewell to England, all hail and farewell to me

No comments: