Followers

Thursday 27 January 2022

Gary Numan Tribute EP

Cars

Here in my car I feel safest of all I can lock all my doors it's the only way to live in cars
Here in my car I can only receive I can listen to you it keeps me stable for days in cars
Here in my car where the image breaks down will you visit me please if I open my door in cars
Here in my car I know I've started to think about leaving tonight although nothing seems right in cars

We Take Mystery (To Bed)

Confiscate letters like D.E.B.
No natural course of things for her to expect
Withdraw the feelings you can, you can't
I called your number as you told the world
Something is wrong

There is no longer any normal to me
You're my assassin but you can't see the crime
Pointless possessions of me and you and greed
I looked at you mistaking needles for eyes
Something is wrong

I'll find the answer, you'll take mystery to bed
My sister coma she was always too shy
You told the story crying darling too good to last
You taste of love just like the sex smell of me
Someone is wrong

There is no longer any normal to me
You're my assassin but you can't see the crime
Pointless possessions of me & you & greed
I looked at you mistaking needles for eyes
Someone is wrong

You are slow poison that glows in the dark
Such isolation is good for the heart
We will take mystery to bed for the night

My Name Is Ruin

When they called me broken, I knew
When they called me evil, I knew
When they called me Ruin, I knew
I would always find my way to you

When I begged forgiveness, they knew
When I begged for mercy, they knew
When I begged for nothing, they knew
I would always find my way to you

My name is Ruin, my name is vengeance
My name is no-one, and no-one is calling
My name is Ruin, my name is heartbreak
My name is lonely, my sorrow's a darkness
My name is Ruin, my name is evil
My name's a war song, I'll sing you a new war
My name is Ruin, my name is broken
My name is shameless, I'll tear your world open

When I called you poison, you knew
When I called you shameful, you knew
When I called you a liar, you knew
I would always find my way to you

I'll show you Ruin, I'll show you vengeance
I'll show you no-one, and no-one is calling
I'll show you Ruin, I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely, a sorrow in darkness
I'll show you Ruin, I'll show you evil
I'll sing you a war song, I'll sing you a new war
I'll show you Ruin, I'll show you broken
I'll show you shameless, I'll tear your world open

A Shadow Falls On Me

Every time I feel that I understand
A shadow falls on me, takes it away
Every time I try to walk away
A shadow falls on me and tells me to stay
When will it end when will it end?

Every time I dream you will come home
A shadow falls on me and I wake up alone
Every time I scream for someone to blame
A shadow falls on me and whispers my name
When will it end when will it end?

Every time I breathe, locked in this room
A shadow falls on me and says it's too soon
Every time I die and lay by your side
A shadow falls on me and keeps me alive
When will it end when will it end?

Are 'Friends' Electric?

It's cold outside and the paint's peeling off of my walls
There's a man outside in a long coat, grey hat, smoking a cigarette
Now the light fades out and I wonder what I'm doing in a room like this
There's a knock on the door and just for a second I thought I remembered you

So now I'm alone now I can think for myself about little deals and issues
And things that I just don't understand a white lie that night
Or a sly touch at times I don't think it meant anything to you
So I open the door it's the 'friend' that I'd left in the hallway
Please sit down a candlelit shadow on a wall near the bed

You know I hate to ask but are 'friends' electric?
Only mine's broke down and now I've no-one to love
So I found out your reasons for the phone calls and smiles
And it hurts and I'm lonely and I should never have tried and I missed you tonight
It must be time to leave you see it meant everything to me

Complex

They won't come back you know it's always the same
And they're sure to forget saying everyone lies
So I'm down to this I'm down to walking on air
And you're here by my side with all your waving and smiles
Please keep them away don't let them touch me
Please don't let them lie don't let them see me

No comments: