Followers

Monday 24 October 2022

Sad But True/Superstition

Very superstitious, writings on the wall,
Very superstitious, ladders about to fall,
Thirteen-months-old baby broke the looking glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past
Hey I'm your life I'm the one who takes you there
Hey I'm your life I'm the one who cares
They they betray I'm your only true friend now
They they'll betray I'm forever there

When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer superstition ain't the way
I'm your dream, make you real I'm your eyes when you must steal
I'm your pain when you can't feel sad but true
I'm your dream, mind astray I'm your eyes while you're away
I'm your pain while you repay you know it's sad but true
I'm your truth, telling lies I'm your reasoned alibis
I'm inside open your eyes I'm you sad but true

Very superstitious, wash your face and hands,
Rid me of the problem, do all that you can,
Keep me in a daydream, keep me going strong,
You don't wanna save me, sad is my song
You you're my mask you're my cover, my shelter
You you're my mask you're the one who's blamed
Do do my work do my dirty work, scapegoat
Do do my deeds for you're the one who's shamed

I'm your dream I'm your eyes I'm your pain you know it's sad but true
Very superstitious, nothing more to say,
Very superstitious, the devil's on his way,
Thirteen-months-old baby broke the looking glass,
Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past
Hate I'm your hate I'm your hate when you want love
Pay pay the price pay, for nothing's fair
Hey I'm your life I'm the one who took you there
Hey I'm your life and I no longer care

No comments: