Followers

Monday 10 October 2022

Laura Branigan Tribute EP

 All Night With Me

I wish I knew what you were thinking sometimes with you it's hard to tell
You lay beside me without speaking words are hard to find, better left behind
You pull me close as if to answer
The question running through my head
If words could say it any better:
Does it feel good, do you feel like staying all night with me?
Does it feel good, do you feel like staying all night with me?
Does it feel good if it feels right, stay all night

We'll wake up early in the morning or never go to sleep at all
So happy just to be together
Does it feel good, do you feel like staying all night with me?
Does it feel good, do you feel like staying all night with me?
If it feels good, if it feels right, stay all night

It's a long night, there'll be time for playing
Never felt so right just to hear you saying
That it's all right, and you feel like staying all night with me
Does it feel good, do you feel like staying all night with me?
Does it feel good, does it feel right why don't you stay all night with me?

Looking Out For Number One

Looking out for number one looking out for myself seems a fantasy
Drifting out to sea into memory looking out for myself and I'm feeling good
Make the moves I should, hop that train, knew I could, ignore the pain
And now I want it back because I'm saint inside set free on time for myself not delight
Looking out for number one looking out for number one

When you told me the truth I just closed my eyes
But inside I knew it was no surprise now soon pack my things left it all behind
Had to fill my life with something new safe myself I needed you
And now I want it back because I'm saint inside set free on time for myself not delight
Looking out for number one looking out for number one

And no more keep this all for somebody else
Never knew it felt so good to be depending on no one but me
Now the worst is behind and I'm here to stay
No more practicing it's my turn to play

Self Control

The night is my world city light painted girl
In the day nothing matters it's the night time that flatters
In the night, no control through the wall something's breaking
Wearing white as you're walking down the street of my soul
You take myself, you take my self control you got me living only for the night
Before the morning comes, the story's told you take myself, you take my self control
Another night, another day goes by I never stop myself to wonder why
You help me to forget to play my role you take myself, you take my self control
I live among the creatures of the night I haven't got the will to try and fight
Against a new tomorrow, so I guess I'll just believe it that tomorrow never comes

A safe night, I'm living in the forest of my dream I know the night is not as it would seem
I must believe in something, so I'll make myself believe it this night will never go
The night is my world city light painted girl in the day nothing matters it's the night time that flatters
I live among the creatures of the night I haven't got the will to try and fight
Against a new tomorrow, so I guess I'll just believe it that tomorrow never comes
A safe night, I'm living in the forest of a dream I know the night is not as it would seem
I must believe in something, so I'll make myself believe it this night will never go
You take myself, you take my self control you take myself, you take my self control

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

Tonight you're mine completely you gave your love so sweetly
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes but will you love me tomorrow?
Is this a lasting treasure or just a moment's pleasure?
Can I, can I believe the magic of your sigh will you still love me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken you say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken when the night meets the morning sun?
I'd like to know that your love is a love I can be sure of
So tell, tell me now, and I won't ask again will you still love me tomorrow?
Tell me now, and I won't ask again will you still love me tomorrow?

Bad Attitude

Drawn like a moth to a flame I've been consumed by the fire
I've only got myself to blame I shoulda known better than giving into desire
And with an arrow through my heart I watch your image fall apart
True colors blinding me I don't like what I see
You know you got a bad attitude I wanna love you but you're too dumb animal
Raw like a diamond in the rough I think you're pretty but you're too tough

You see the glass half empty I see the glass half filled
You try to tell me it's alright you say you're gonna change your ways I know you never will
You know you got a bad attitude I wanna love you but you're too dumb animal
Raw like a diamond in the rough I think you're pretty but you're too tough

I don't need your bad attitude it's hard to love you when you're too wild animal
Raw like a diamond in the rough I've had my fill enough is enough
And with an arrow through my heart I watch your image fall apart
True colors blinding me I'm not impressed with what I see
Get out of here with your bad attitude I wanna love you but you're too wild animal
Raw you're a diamond in the rough I've had my fill enough is enough
I don't need your bad attitude it's hard to love you when you when you're too wild animal
Raw you're a diamond in the rough you could be pretty but you're too tough
I don't need, bad attitude I wanna love you, I wanna love you

Reverse Psychology

All the girls are running after you and I've got to admit that it includes me too
All the girls are putting on a show we all try to catch your eye but you don't want to know
I've got to be smart really got to use my head I'm gonna pretend I'm not interested

I got a secret weapon I'm running away
To to make you fall in love with me
I can create the illusion I'll turn you around
With reverse psychology chase me until I catch you
My heart's telling me what to do let you chase me until I catch you

It really gets you when you are ignored
So I'll make myself a territory unexplored
Now it's my turn to play hard to get
If you try to phone I won't be home so you don't suspect

No comments: