Followers

Monday 10 October 2022

Crowded House Tribute EP

 Don't Dream It's Over

There is freedom within there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road while you're traveling with me

Hey now, hey now don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now when the world comes in
They come, they come to build a wall between us
We know they won't win don't let them win
Don't let them win they come, they come don't let them win

Now I'm towing my car there's a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
In the paper today tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the T.V. page

Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release

Weather With You

Walking around the room singing Stormy Weather at Fifty Seven Mount Pleasant Street
Well it's the same room, but everything's different you can fight the sleep, but not the dream
Things ain't cooking in my kitchen strange affliction wash over me
Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the blue sky

Well, there's a small boat made of china it's going nowhere on the mantelpiece
Well, do I lie like a loungeroom lizard or do I sing like a bird released?

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you
Everywhere you go, always take the weather
Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you
Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you

World Where You Live

Here's someone now who's got the muscle his steady hand could move a mountain
Expert in bed, but come on now there must be something missing
That golden one leads a double life you'll find out
Tell me, I don't know where you go do you climb into space
To the world where you live the world where you live

So here we lie against each other and these four walls can never hold us
We're looking for wide open spaces high above the kitchen
And we're strangers here on our way to some other place
But I don't know where you go do you climb into space
To the world where you live to the world where you live

Friends come around you might remember 
And be sad behind their eyes is unfamiliar
Do you climb into space to the world where you live

Hole In The River

There's a hole in the river where my auntie lies
From the land of the living to the air and sky
Left her car by the river left her shoes beside
Through the thorns and the bushes I hope she was
Dreaming of glory miles above the mountains and plains free at last

We were touched by a cold wind, my father and I
The sound of desperate breathing her fear inside us all
She was coming to see him but something changed her mind
Drove her down to the river there is no return

There's a hole in the river where a memory lies
From the land of the living to the air and sky
She was coming to see him but something changed her mind,
Drove her down to the river there is no return

Mansion In The Slums

I'd much rather have a caravan in the hills than a mansion in the slums
I'd much rather have a caravan in the hills than a mansion in the slums
When the taste of success only lasts you half an hour or less, but it loves you when it comes
And you laugh at yourself while you're bleeding to death

I'd much rather have a trampoline in my front room than an isolation tank
I wish I was a million miles away from the manager's door there is trouble at the bank
You laugh at yourself as you go deep into debt
Laugh at yourself while he's breathing down your neck

Who can stop me with money in my pocket sometimes I get it free the best of both worlds
I'd much rather have a caravan in the hills I'd much rather have a mansion in the hills
Than a mansion in the slums I'd much rather, what I mean is, would you mind if I had it all?
I'll take it when it comes and you laugh at yourself while you're bleeding to death
And somebody else is always breathing down your neck
Laugh at yourself while he's hanging over your head
While he's breathing down your neck it'll soon be over  with a mansion

Never Be The Same

Don't stand around like friends at a funeral eyes to the ground 
It could've been you and why do you weep for the passing of ages?
You slip with the back of your hand, you're taking it out on the one you love I couldn't believe it
And we might still survive and rise up through the maze
If you could change your life and never be the same

How long must I wait for you to release me I pay for each mistake while you suffer in silence
I could still have an easy life but the lie ain't worth the living once more will I hear you say 
That we might still survive and rise up through the maze
If you could change your life and never be the same

Don't stand around like friends at a funeral
Eyes to the ground don't suffer in silence
Because we might still survive and rise up through the maze
If you could change your life and never be the same
And every time I hear you never be the same
And every time I mess up never be the same

No comments: