Followers

Monday 17 October 2022

Neurosis Tribute EP

 Double-Edged Sword

I know what the plan of futures are the cry and the march of shame
Crawling to the center of what remains
Look for the path to the shelterland
Crossing paths, conflicting times
Expansion never ending destruction mind is sending

Signals abound around us they plant the seed of fate
Creating the undiscovered thought snapping the eyes to pain
Feeding, eating, bleeding, seeing healing to be broken again
Standing in the crossfire burning in the wind
Maybe one day you'll see what I see now
Step to the front the falling is today

The Eye Of Every Storm

A wind carries your scent to those who will find you out
A storm forces you down to seek shelter from the rain
Your trail leads to a mine of cyanide and gold
A free falling darkness leads you to your self

I am low to the ground again
I have the future bearing on down
I run with the starlight to the end
The tail of the echo subsides oath breaker sinks low
So I crawl through the hailstones
My eyes fixed on my return oath breaker sinks low
Time brings them all home to the eye of every storm

Fire Is The End Lesson

Bring me bound to barren ground
My cracked skull we bleed it all into the earth
I washed you out the seasons we must bear I bled you dry
Another eye reaping celestial fire the deepest cut with cave mouthed dogs
With nothing left the entrails of the mother lie I keep love hollow

Truth is a rising tide this river runs dry the mill grinds us down with stones around our necks
My dissectors read the ever angled cloth a bringer empty an empty bringer
I will not question you in my mind the wall is open and man is blind
The fire is the end lesson
All returners bind me I wake to the pain of all returners
While I descend those fall in and breathe walled in spirit

Self-Doubt

Never finding security just living in a bad reality
Never finding security just living in a bad reality
Exorcise the demons from your mind purge the fear of failure
Reject inbred subjective restrictions remove the blinders, explore the infinite

Look inside find a way out
Free your mind from the bonds of self-doubt
Don't want to be a self-indentured slave
To my insecurities self-doubt controls my destiny now

To Crawl Under One's Skin

Isolated so long, blighted by the first frost. longing for the warmth of human touch.
Through this wall of ice I can see you.
Callous only outside, from the kicking and the beating down.
Please rip them from my body, please!
Glacier growing larger mirror growing darker do you see the blue?

My forefront of consciousness has been ignored.
The healing touch of time has abandoned me.
The longing brings me near, but the fear
Keeps me inches/worlds away.
Reaching through the ice at last but you feel the frost and run.
Run from me back to the secure you didn't belong here anyway
And I'm left still, still longing still cold so cold

Enemy Of The Sun

Torn of this land's disgrace too hungry to contain a future
The sun bathes my wounds with a veil of rage
It's rays dyed with the blood of our disrespect
Suffering for the wisdom long forgotten
The sound of bloodletting echoes on the wind
The suicide of drought for a faith destroyed
We starve with pride and glass in our throats
Harvest their return those who drive away the sun

The masks lay fallen, sheltered in the dust
Tearing our flesh amongst wolves
See how they run as we laugh
In lunar horizons there is understanding
Harvest their return carry my soul to the sun

No comments: