Followers

Tuesday 19 October 2021

Arcade Fire Tribute EP

Everything Now

I'm in the black again can't make it back again
We can just pretend we'll make it home again from everything now
Every inch of sky's got a star every inch of skin's got a scar I guess that you've got everything now
Every inch of space in your head is filled up with the things that you read
I guess you've got everything now
And every film that you've ever seen fills the spaces up in your dreams that reminds me
Everything Now Everything Now

Every inch of road's got a sign and every boy uses the same line I pledge allegiance to everything now
Every song that I've ever heard is playing at the same time, it's absurd
And it reminds me, we've got everything now
We turn the speakers up until they break because every time you smile it's a fake
Stop pretending, you've got
(Everything now!) I need it (Everything now!) I want it
(Everything now!) I can't live without (Everything now!) I can't live without

Every inch of road's got a town Daddy, how come you're never around I miss you, and everything now
Mama, leave the food on the stove leave your car in the middle of the road
This happy family with everything now
We turn the speakers up until they break because every time you smile it's a fake
Stop pretending, you've got
(Everything now!) I need it (Everything now!) I want it
(Everything now!) I can't live without (Everything now!) I can't live without
(Everything now!) Until every room in my house (Everything now!) is filled with shit
(Everything now!) I couldn't live without (Everything now!) I need it
(Everything now!) I can't live without
(Everything now!) Every inch of space (Everything now!) In my heart
(Everything now!) Is filled with something I'll never start

The ashes of everything now and then you're black again
Can't make it back again from everything now
I'm in the black again not coming back again
We can just pretend we'll make it home again from everything now
I'm in the red again red space in my head again
We can just pretend we'll make it home again from everything now

Creature Comfort

Some boys hate themselves spend their lives resenting their fathers
Some girls hate their bodies stand in the mirror and wait for the feedback
Saying God, make me famous if you can't just make it painless just make it painless
Assisted suicide she dreams about dying all the time
She told me she came so close filled up the bathtub and put on our first record
Saying God, make me famous if you can't just make it painless just make it painless
It goes on and on, I don't know what I want
On and on, I don't know what I want it

Some girls hate themselves hide under the covers with sleeping pills 
And some girls cut themselves stand in the mirror and wait for the feedback
Some boys get too much, too much love, too much touch
Some boys starve themselves stand in the mirror and wait for the feedback
Creature comfort makes it painless bury me penniless and nameless
Born in a diamond mine it's all around you but you can't see it
Born in a diamond mine it's all around you but you can't touch it
Saying God, make me famous if you can't just make it painless just make it painless
It's not painless she was a friend of mine, a friend of mine and we're not nameless
It goes on and on, I don't know what I want
On and on, I don't know what I want it

Well if you're not sure, better safe than sorry
Creature comfort, make it painless creature comfort, make it painless
We're the bones under your feet the white lie of American prosperity
We wanna dance but we can't feel the beat I'm a liar, don't doubt my sincerity
Just make it painless creature comfort, make it painless
Creature comfort make it painless

Rebellion (Lies)

Sleeping is giving in no matter what the time is
Sleeping is giving in so lift those heavy eyelids
People say that you'll die faster than without water
But we know it's just a lie scare your son and scare your daughter
People say that your dreams are the only things that save ya
Come on baby in our dreams, we can live our misbehaviour
Every time you close your eyes (Lies, lies)
Every time you close your eyes

People try and hide the night underneath the covers
People try and hide the light underneath the covers
Come on hide your lovers, underneath the covers
Come on hide your lovers, underneath the covers
Hiding from your brothers, underneath the covers
Come on hide your lovers underneath the covers

People say that you'll die faster than without water
But we know it's just a lie scare your son and scare your daughter
Scare your son and scare your daughter
Scare your son and scare your daughter
Now here's the sun, it's alright! (Lies, lies)
Now here's the moon, it's alright! (Lies, lies)
Now here's the sun, it's alright! (Lies, lies)
Now here's the moon, it's alright! (Lies, lies)
Every time you close your eyes (Lies, lies)
Every time you close your eyes every time you close your eyes
Every time you close your eyes

The Woodlands National Anthem

I guess we'll have to move the neighborhood is on to us
Let's join the little babe's throwing rocks in front of us
Riding on my bicycle I pass my sister on a bus
Let's take the country road before our parents send for us

Trees keep falling at my feet I guess it's time to build a boat
Make a raft of our bodies do you think that it'll float?
What I said was not a joke but you just licked the envelope
I'm tired of dating, let's elope but you just licked the envelope

Three cheers for my parents lonely failed experiments!
Three cheers for my parents lonely failed experiments!
Don't you dare blame my parents I'm the only failed experiment
Don't you dare blame your parents you're the only failed experiment
Don't you dare blame your grandparents Mom's the only failed experiment
Don't you dare blame your grandparents Dad's the only failed experiment
Don't blame God just blame God Don't blame God

Milk And Honey

Sunlight loves me, feeds me milk and honey
Daytime misses me, feeds me milk and honey
Can't stop thinking about my own breathing
Everytime I wake up I feel

Home sick, sea sick, love sick, car sick
Come home, come home quick
Jack jump over the candlestick

Sunlight loves me, feeds me milk and honey
Daytime misses me, feeds me milk and honey
Can't stop thinking about my own breathing
Everytime I wake up I feel

Culture War

Now the future's staring at me like a vision from the past,
And I know these crumbs they sold me, they're never gonna last.
Though we know the culture war we don't know what it's for 
But we've lived the southern strategy you know it's never gonna last so keep it in the past.
These are different times that we're living in these are different times.
Now the kids are growing up so fast paying for our crimes.

You left while I was sleeping you said it's down to me
I've read a little Bible you see what you want to see.
We know the culture war we don't know what it's for 
But we've lived your southern strategy you know it's never gonna last so keep that shit in the past.
These are different times that we're living in.because these are different times.
Now the kids are growing up so fast they're paying for our crimes.

The dominoes they never fell but bodies they still burn.
Throw my hand into the fire but still I never learn will I ever learn?
That these are different times now the kids are growing up so fast and paying for our crimes.
We'll be soldiers for you, mommy and daddy in your culture war.
We'll be soldiers for you, mommy and daddy but we don't know what it's for.
We're soldiers now in the culture war.
We're soldiers now, but we don't know what it's for.
We're soldiers now in the culture war.
We're soldiers now, but we don't know what it's for.
So tell me what's it for.
You want it you got it, here's your culture war.
You want it now you've got it, so tell me what's it for.

No comments: