Followers

Monday 4 October 2021

NOFX Tribute EP

Leave It Alone

Breathe ever so soft we wouldn't wanna break the eggs as we walk.
Never alone, cautious, afraid I hear the voice of reason on the P.A.
Leave it alone, follow the grain we couldn't stop the irresistible force.
Leave it the same, change with the leaves bringing in the sheaves
Bringing in the old leave it alone

Breathe, ever so slight we couldn't take away your God given right.
Leave it alone, heel and stay roll over and shake and beg for the bone leave it alone
Leave it alone, follow the grain we couldn't stop the irresistible force.
Leave it the same, change with the leaves bringing in the sheaves
Bringing in the old leave it alone

Kill The Rock Stars

Kill the rockstars how ironic, Kathleen
You've been crowned the newest queen
Kinda like the punk rock Gloria Steinem
Can't change the world by hating men
Can't change the world by blaming men
Alternative/Republican

Just because I don't know the reason you're so pissed don't dare tag me misogynist
I thought the goal here was mutual respect not constructing a separate sect
I wish I could have seen Courtney demonstrate some real misogyny
Can't change the world by hating men

It's My Job To Keep Punk Rock Elite

Indiscriminate I'd rather be elite I'll choose my own shit scene
Unsubstantiated rumors flown are true I'm here for me not you

Non Conglomerate I mean what I say I'm not your fucking scape
Goat apparently I've alienated some it seems my job's half done

You'll never understand it try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, because it's my job to keep punk rock elite
This music ain't your fucking industry

My Vagina

My vagina has two sets of lips but I don't get monthly blood drips my vagina hardly even used
My vagina's got lots of extra skin they took my outie and made it an in
Changing Donnie to Marie Osmond
Operation successful but now I gotta pee
Through a miniature hole gotta remember to put the seat down
And when I wipe my ass I go from front to back because I don't want a bladder infection

I never thought I'd miss my vas deferens I traded it in for a pair of huge cans
Now I get to hang with lesbians
Operation paid up front now I show all my friends my new designer cunt
They think I'm kinda weird but that's OK with me because now I kick their ass
Playing from the ladies tee there is nothing finer than having a vagina

Franco Un-American

I never thought about the universe, it made me feel small
Never thought about the problems of this planet at all
Global warming, radio-active sites imperialistic wrongs and animal rights! No!
Why think of all the bad things when life is so good?
Why help with an 'am' when there's always a 'could'?
Let the whales worry about the poisons in the sea
Outside of California, it's foreign policy
I don't want changes, I have no reactions your dilemmas are my distractions
That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco, Franco Un-American

I never looked around, never second-guessed
Then I read some Howard Zinn now I'm always depressed
And now I can't sleep from years of apathy
All because I read a little Noam Chomsky
I'm eating vegetation because of Fast Food Nation
I'm wearing uncomfortable shoes because of globalization
I'm watching Michael Moore expose the awful truth
I'm listening to Public Enemy and Reagan Youth
I see no world peace because of zealous armed forces
I eat no breath-mints because they're from de-hoofed horses
Now I can't believe; what an absolute failure
The president's laughing because we voted for Nader
That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
Where can we go, Franco Un-American

I want to move north and be a Canadian
Or hang down low with the nice Australians
I don't want to be another "I-don't-care"-ican
What are we gonna do Franco Un-American

Idiots Are Taking Over

It's not the right time to be sober now the idiots have taken over
Spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?
Mensa membership conceding tell me why and how are all the stupid people breeding
Watson, it's really elementary the industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution
The benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized, what a bummer
The world keeps getting dumber insensitivity is standard and faith is being fancied over reason

Darwin's rolling over in his coffin the fittest are surviving much less often
Now everything seems to be reversing, and it's worsening
Someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool
Now angry mob mentality is no longer the exception, it's the rule
And I'm starting to feel a lot like Charlton Heston stranded on a primate planet
Apes and orangutans that ran it to the ground with generals and the armies that obeyed them
Followers following fables philosophies that enable them to rule without regard

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated
Political scientists get the same one vote as some Arkansas inbred
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
What are we left with a nation of god-fearing pregnant nationalists
Who feel it's their duty to populate the homeland pass on traditions
How to get ahead religions and prosperity via simpleton culture
The idiots are taking over

No comments: