Followers

Wednesday 13 October 2021

Amy Winehouse Tribute EP

 Stronger Than Me

You should be stronger than me you've been here 7 years longer than me
Don't you know you supposed to be the man not pale in comparison to who you think I am,
You always wanna talk it through I don't care!
I always have to comfort you when I'm there
But that's what I need you to do stroke my hair!
Because I've forgotten all of young love's joy,
Feel like a lady, and you my lady boy,

You should be stronger than me but instead you're longer than frozen turkey,
Why'd you always put me in control \ll I need is for my man to live up to his role,
Always wanna talk it through I'm ok,
Always have to comfort you every day,
But that's what I need you to do are you gay?
Because I've forgotten all of young love's joy,
Feel like a lady, and you my lady boy,

He said the respect I made you earn
Thought you had so many lessons to learn
I said you don't know what love is get a grip
Sounds as if you're reading from some other tired script
I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime
I just wanna grip your body over mine
Please tell me why you think that's a crime
I've forgotten all of young love's joy
Feel like a lady, and you my lady boy
You should be stronger than me

Fuck Me Pumps

When you walk in the bar and you dressed like a star rocking your fuck me pumps
And the men notice you with your Gucci bag crew can't tell who he's looking to
Because you all look the same everyone knows your name and that's your whole claim to fame
Never miss a night because your dream in life is to be a footballer's wife
You don't like players that's what you say but you really wouldn't mind a millionaire
You don't like ballers they don't do nothing for you but you'd love a rich man six foot two or taller

You're more than a fan looking for a man but you end up with one-nights-stands
He could be your whole life if you got past one night but that part never goes right
In the morning you're vexed he's onto the next and you didn't even get no text
Don't be too upset if they call you a sket because like the news everyday you get press
You don't like players that's what you say but you really wouldn't mind a millionaire
Or them big ballers don't do nothing for you but you'd love a rich man six foot two or taller

You can't sit down right because your jeans are too tight and you're lucky it's ladies night
With your big empty purse every week it gets worse at least your breasts cost more than hers
So you did Miami because you got there for free but somehow you missed the plane
You did too much E met somebody and spent the night getting caned
Without girls like you there'd be no fun we'd go to the club and not see anyone
Without girls like you there's no nightlife all those men just go home to their wives
Don't be mad at me because you're pushing thirty and your old tricks no longer work
You should have known from the jump that you always get dumped so dust off your fuck me pumps

Back To Black

He left no time to regret kept his dick wet with his same old safe bet
Me and my head high and my tears dry get on without my guy
You went back to what you knew so far removed from all that we went through
And I tread a troubled track my odds are stacked I'll go back to black
We only said goodbye with words I died a hundred times
You go back to her and I go back to I go back to us

I love you much it's not enough you love blow and I love puff
And life is like a pipe and I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside
We only said goodbye with words I died a hundred times
You go back to her and I go back to black

Rehab

They tried to make me go to rehab, but I said no
I've been black, but when I come back, you'll know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab, but I won't go

I'd rather be at home with Ray
I ain't got seventy days because there's nothing
There's nothing you can teach me
That I can't learn from Mr. Hathaway
I didn't get a lot in class
But I know it don't come in a shot glass

The man said why do you think you're here?
I said I got no idea
I'm gonna, I'm gonna lose my baby
So I always keep a bottle near
He said I just think you're depressed
This me and the rest
They tried to make me go to rehab but I said no
I've been black, but when I come back, you'll know

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
Have everyone think I'm on the mend
It's not just my pride
It's just until these tears have dried

Tears Dry On Their Own

All I can ever be to you is a darkness that we knew and this regret I've got accustomed to
Once it was so right when we were at our height waiting for you in the hotel at night
I knew I hadn't met my match but every moment we could snatch I don't know why I got so attached
It's my responsibility and you owe nothing to me but to walk away I have no capacity
He walks away the sun goes down He takes the day but I'm grown
And in your way in this blue shade my tears dry on their own

I don't understand why do I stress the man when there's so many bigger things at hand
We could a never had it all we had to hit a wall so this is inevitable withdrawal
Even if I stop wanting you a perspective pushes through I'll be some next man's other woman soon
I cannot play myself again I should just be my own best friend 
Not fuck myself in the head with stupid men
He walks away the sun goes down He takes the day but I'm grown
And in your way in this blue shade my tears dry on their own

So we are history your shadow covers me the sky above ablaze
He walks away the sun goes down He takes the day but I'm grown
And in your way in this blue shade my tears dry on their own
I wish I could say no regrets and no emotional debts because as we kiss goodbye the sun sets
So we are history the shadow covers me the sky above ablaze that only lovers see
He walks away the sun goes down He takes the day but I'm grown
And in your way in this blue shade my tears dry on their own

Alcoholic Logic

Swinging back and forth a beautiful thing taking you away my head is spinning
My girl tried to stop me but I had a taste of you unfamiliar surroundings
Left me wanting something new physically you ain't my type but you're one of a kind
So subconsciously on purpose I left my coat behind
I can't help it, need to stop it all that I put myself through
Everyone is so denying it's nice to meet you, too

I hate my alcoholic logic as I write this on the train
Victoria's Secret in my bag and my thighs ache again
Last night tips into my mind through the puddle in my head
I always get what I want I think I even said
I can't help it, need to stop it all that I put myself through
Everyone is so denying it's nice to meet you, too

Although I enjoyed it I should have tied up my loose ends
But I left my jacket with you and you know my friends
So maybe you will get my number or ask them when I'm ached down
But I may have forgotten you by the next time I'm in town
I can't help it, need to stop it all that I put myself through
Everyone is so denying it's nice to meet you, too

No comments: