Followers

Thursday 14 October 2021

Adele Tribute EP

Chasing Pavements

I've made up my mind don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong, I am right don't need to look no further
This ain't lust I know this is love
But if I tell the world I'll never say enough because it was not said to you
And that's exactly what I need to do if I end up with you
Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements even if it leads nowhere?
Or would it be a waste even if I knew my place?
Should I leave it there should I give up?
Or should I just keep chasing pavements even if it leads nowhere?

I build myself up and fly around in circles
Waiting as my heart drops and my back begins to tingle finally, could this be it
Or should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements even if it leads nowhere?
Or would it be a waste even if I knew my place?
Should I leave it there should I give up?
Or should I just keep chasing pavements even if it leads nowhere?

Hometown Glory

I've been walking in the same way as I did missing 
Out the cracks in the pavement and tutting my heel and strutting my feet
Is there anything I can do for you dear is there anyone I could call?
No and thank you, please Madam. I ain't lost, just wandering

Round my hometown memories are fresh
Round my hometown the people I've met
Are the wonders of my world are the wonders of my world
Are the wonders of this world are the wonders now

I like it in the city when the air is so thick and opaque
I love it to see everybody in short skirts, shorts and shades
I like it in the city when two worlds collide
You get the people and the government everybody taking different sides

Shows that we ain't gonna stand shit shows that we are united
Shows that we ain't gonna take it shows that we ain't gonna stand shit
Shows that we are united shows that we ain't gonna take it

That's It, I Quit, I'm Moving On

When we used to say goodnight I'd always kiss and hold you tight
But lately you don't seem to care you close the door and leave me standing there
That's not fair that's it I quit I'm moving on

The other night we had a date and you showed up two hours late
And though your hair was all in place somebody smeared their lipstick on your face
They smeared it every place that's it I quit I'm moving on

You made me want you you made me leave you you made me tumble and fall
But if I can't have you the way I want you I don't want you at all
I can take a lot because I love everything you got 
Though your kisses fill me so if you got someone else I gotta go
That you know that's it I quit I'm moving on

Someone Like You

I heard that you're settled down that you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.
Old friend, why are you so shy ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg I'll remember you said,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead

You know how the time flies only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised nn a summer haze bound by the surprise of our glory days
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over.

Nothing compares no worries or cares regrets and mistakes they are memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over

Skyfall

This is the end hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the earth move and then hear my heart burst again
For this is the end I've drowned and dreamt this moment
So overdue I owe them swept away, I'm stolen

Let the sky fall when it crumbles
We will stand tall face it all together
Let the sky fall when it crumbles
We will stand tall face it all together
At skyfall that skyfall

Skyfall is where we start a thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number, you can take my name
But you will never have my heart

Where you go I go what you see I see
I know I'd never be me without the security
Of your loving arms keeping me from harm
Put your hand in my hand and we will stand

Turning Tables

Close enough to start a war all that I have is on the floor
God only knows what we're fighting for all that I say, you always say more
I can't keep up with your turning tables under your thumb I can't breathe
So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you the heart you think you gave me it's time to say goodbye to turning tables

Under haunted skies I see you where love is lost your ghost is found
I braved a hundred storms to leave you as hard as you try I will never be knocked down
I can't keep up with your turning tables under your thumb I can't breathe
So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you the heart you think you gave me it's time to say goodbye to turning tables

Next time I'll be braver I'll be my own savior when the thunder calls for me
Next time I'll be braver I'll be my own savior standing on my own two feet
I won't let you close enough to hurt me I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you the heart you think you gave me it's time to say goodbye to turning tables

No comments: