Followers

Tuesday 12 October 2021

Ensiferum Tribute EP

Guardians Of Fate

Race with the wind the night is ending
They will win when the sun is rising
Stories have been told for years about the rebel man riding in the lands of unknown
No one has ever seen their furious beings and their secret remains untold

Their deeds shall be heard their legend will live forever
They are the Guardians Of Fate

As they shouted their last battle cries their destiny was to be dead
Their future was in no one's hands like the prophet of the moon had said
Those who travelled far away from home, they'll never return
And those who crossed the seas of hope, they all will burn

Blood Is The Price Of Glory

Before the grimmest enemy cold rain whipping those proud faces
Warcries raising their spirits despising death as they rush forward
Blood of the brothers drains to the ground stirring up rage, giving the power
Trampling the enemy with their feet without fear they fight

Can you hear the call of the North Star feel its longing in your heart
This bound is eternal sworn through blood at the end we will stand as one!
Even if the daylight dies our horde marches on and on
If we should fall down to the ground we'll rise again and never give up!

But for some it's all too much this honorable battle and bloodshed
They flee like a swarm of craven rats leaving their brothers to a certain death
The last furious men they didn't fear death or pain
They held up their swords and shields as winners they stood on the battlefield

Run away you cowards we turn our backs on you the shame that now stains your name
Will only brighten our glory those who fight till their last breath and fall with honour
Their names and deeds shall live forever never to be forgotten
No axe stayed in your weak hand no shield protected you from the blows of enemies
Get out of our sight the war has no need for traitors

From Afar

A raven came to me spoke to me in my dream.
A long lost prophecy a forgotten legacy.
Echoes of yesterday won't let these dreams fade away.
All the beauty I adored at the edge of the world.

Across the universe time is to be reversed.
No shelter can be found to this fate, we are bound!
Behold the final hour the last times will be dour.
All life falls into gorge of the end of the world!
Burning skies on the vengeance night.
Devastating scythe of the ancient light

I saw the might of the ancient light and the beauty of the perishing world,
There is no tomorrow we have been warned.
The sky's bird struck fire made a flame flare up.
The north wind burnt the clearing the north-east quite consumed it:
It burnt all the trees to ash and reduced them to dust

In My Sword I Trust

Many men have crossed my way promising peace and my soul to save but I've already heard it all
I've seen what they made with their freedom but I have no need for your god
The shallow truth of your poisonous tongue brothers, it's time to make a stand
To reclaim our lives because only steel can set us free
Rise my brothers, we are blessed by steel in my sword I trust!
Arm yourselves, the truth shall be revealed in my sword I trust!
Tyrants and cowards for metal you will kneel in my sword I trust
Until justice and reason will wield in my sword I trust

The sword that shimmers in my hand,
Do you have the mind to eat the guilty flesh?
To drink the blood of those who are to blame?
The time of change is here, unveil your blade!
Rise my brothers, we are blessed by steel in my sword I trust!
Arm yourselves, the truth shall be revealed in my sword I trust!
Tyrants and cowards for metal you will kneel in my sword I trust
Until justice and reason will wield in my sword I trust

Cling your souls to your gods kneel, obey, follow their laws
Deceit, subjugate, cherish their greed disdain verity, glorify futile faith
O Old Man bring me a fiery fur coat put on me a blazing shirt
Shielded by which I may make war lest my head should come to grief
And my locks should go to waste in the sport of bright iron upon the point of harsh steel
Rise my brothers, we are blessed by steel in my sword I trust!
Arm yourselves, the truth shall be revealed in my sword I trust!
Tyrants and cowards for metal you will kneel in my sword I trust
Until justice and reason will wield in my sword I trust

Retribution Shall Be Mine

No sun rises today no moon shares it's light
Eclipse of soul growing breach of faith
Pierced by bitter deception chained to the darkness left to rot
Growing breach of faith left to rot with hate
I can't escape from this living hell but in my dreams the justice dwells
Betrayers are torn apart and my hate will fade away with their blood
My hate runs deep in the waters of grudge and unforgiveness

Leniency is for the weak I'd rather die than show you mercy slaughter is yet to come
Retribution shall be mine Gods of vengeance, fill my heart!
This is mine the one and final fight I choose not to die with these demons by my side

Axe Of Judgment

Patience is a virtue when you live for revenge
Hide your weapons, veil your hate, seek your foes unguarded and slay them!
Slay them behead them sweet revenge!
Behold, the axe of judgement falls!
This is war so make them suffer!

I share no thought for the dark depths where fate made me dwell
My hate has shaped me to perfection a ruthless executioner
Remember this hate was the only thought in my head
When I woke up wounded on the ground stabbed in the back
A coward's attack curse you this means war!

If I would believe in soul I would slaughter yours
But fear and agony in your eyes will have to do
When the axe of judgement falls
The vindictive one stands tall

No comments: