Followers

Thursday 16 December 2021

KT Tunstall Tribute EP

 Black Horse & The Cherry Tree

Well my heart knows me better than I know myself so I'm gonna let it do all the talking.
I came across a place in the middle of nowhere with a big black horse and a cherry tree.
I felt a little fear upon my back he said don't look back, just keep on walking
When the big black horse said look this way said lady, will you marry me?
But I said no I said no you're not the one for me
No I said no you're not the one for me

And my heart hit a problem in the early hours so, I stopped it dead for a beat or two.
But I cut some cord, and I shouldn't have done it and it won't forgive me after all these years.
So, I sent it to a place in the middle of nowhere with a big black horse and a cherry tree.
Now it won't come back because it's so happy and now I've got a hole for the world to see.
And it said no said no, you're not the one for me.
No said no, you're not the one for me

Big black horse and a cherry tree.
I can't quite get there because my heart's forsaken me.
Big black horse and a cherry tree.
I can't quite get there because my heart's forsaken me

Suddenly I See

Her face is a map of the world you can see she's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm she holds you captivated in her palm
Suddenly I see this is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see why the hell it means so much to me

I feel like walking the world you can hear she's a beautiful girl
She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white
Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember
What you heard she likes to leave you hanging on her word
Suddenly I see this is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see why the hell it means so much to me

And she's taller than most and she's looking at me
I can see her eyes looking from the page of a magazine
She makes me feel like I could be a tower a big strong tower
The power to be the power to give the power to see
She got the power to be the power to give the power to see
Suddenly I see  this is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see why the hell it means so much to me

Other Side Of The World

Over the sea and far away she's waiting like an iceberg waiting to change
But she's cold inside she wants to be like the water
All the muscles tighten in her face buries her soul in one embrace
They're one and the same just like water

The fire fades away most of everyday is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say I wish it were simple but we give up easily
You're close enough to see that you're the other side of the world to me

On comes the panic light holding on with fingers and feelings alike
But the time has come to move along

Can you help me can you let me go
And can you still love me when you can't see me anymore

Beauty Of Uncertainty

I need a mirror in the eyes of a man.
I need no protection from my bullet-proof plan.
I've got a ticket for all that I lack.
You might think that I'm gone for good
But I know that I'm coming back.

Sit at my table sip from my bowl.
Feel like I know you now and I will do until I get old.
You might not see me but trust that I'll stay.
But there's no sense in traveling if we've already been that way.

Night is a matter hidden in grass
Bite like a light depends on the ways to see how long it lasts
But you know better you stand your ground
Might just sting a little but she knows you're sticking around
The beauty of uncertainty

The Night That Bowie Died

All the pain and the fear designated there's a number of tears to cry
So welcome to this life it ain't easy
Planting flowers in the garden or driving in your car
Even when we're laughing no matter where we are
Tears are made for crying just give up the fight
The dawn is waiting for me at the end of this long night
How much can a body be broken am I getting too close to the fire let me hear the choir
It's the strangest thing feels like you're near
Standing by my side almost like you're here
The whole world gave a sigh like the night that Bowie died

So come a little closer so I can see your face
I want you to remind me of that special place
Where nothing can harm me we're just floating in space
It's the strangest thing feels like you're near
Standing by my side almost like you're here
The whole world gave a sigh like the night that Bowie died

Invisible Empire

I thought the candle was gonna go out
The wind was blowing and the door was open
But the candle never went out, never went out
The wave found its way to the shore
I thought it was a ripple and nothing more
But the wave found its way all the way to the shore
I wanna burn this house I know I wanna jump into the fire
I’m gonna tear them down pinnacles of my invisible empire

I know the gamble never works twice
All the distractions at the table and the weighted dice
But the thrill of it feels so nice, you do it all again
But I look to the chips I lose,
Standing on the platform with my neck in the noose
And I know its not my time, not my time
I wanna burn this house I know I wanna jump into the fire
I’m gonna tear them down pinnacles of my invisible empire

And if I do, all the things I do while I tell myself that I'm staying true
I'll never stop, you know I'll never stop you know I'll never think about it
Put an end to all this time, that I would spend with it on my mind
I never stopped, you know I never stopped
You know I always wondered about it I wondered about the wonder
I wear a rusting crown I know this dynasty is falling
The crowd shouts for another round to see the ruin the spectacular, diamonds
Icebergs, the minarets and the marketplaces the signal fires of my invisible empire

No comments: