Followers

Friday 17 December 2021

Free Tribute EP

Alright Now

There she stood in the street smiling from her head to her feet;
I said what is this mow maybe  she's in need of a kiss
I said what's your name maybe we can see things the same.
Now don't you wait or hesitate let's move before they raise the parking rate
Alright now it is alright now
Alright now it is alright now

Let me tell you now I took her home to my place watching every move on her face
She said look, what's your game are you tryin' to put me to shame?
I said slow, don't go so fast, don't you think that love can last?
She said love, Lord above now you're trying to trick me in love
Alright now it is alright now
Alright now it is alright now

The Highway Song

So we started in the cornfield and I know we did not slack
We got everything in order but we forgot to bring the bucket back
The foreman he went crazy and ran around the field 
Said we must be lazy had to be seen to be believed
But it was a long way from this highroad
It was a far away from here.

The farmer had a daughter and she worked at the wishing well
Put one leg in the water until she found the mission bell
The old man went crazy and ran to get his gun
We had a bad time explaining we were just having drunken fun
But it was a long way from this high road it was a long way from here
So we walked along this road just telling stories as we go we just walk along.

Well the farmer had a daughter and she did not speak a word
We used to kiss her in the orchard until one morning we were overheard
The old man he went crazy running around the field
Said we must be crazy had to be seen to be believed

Over The Green Hills, Pt. 1 & 2

Over the green hills and into the sun
That's where I feel I ought to be going
Blue sky above me and green earth below
Don't even matter which way I go

The trees hold their arms out to catch what life gives
But the people try to snatch all there is
They can have all I own. I don't need anything,
I'll just follow the river, and see what it brings.

I need to be free where the air is clean
And the sparking river is cool on my skin
When the sun shines I'll follow it's glow
And I won't stop moving till it's sinking low

Hand Me Down / Turn Me Round

Girl you look as though you had the time of your life
Your hair's hanging down so long
What have you done to all those curls of your brown hair
They lost their virginity and every man knows you have filled his dream
But he don't know you belong to me

It's all gone wrong just with your voice
You've played with God and yet you adore security
Be gone, be fun and games your existence is more than you can understand
Learn your lesson well

And hand me down, turn me around
I know I love you 
You make me go through so many changes

Common Mortal Man

I was on my way to a needle factory
Up and coming prospects was a waiting there for me
I was selling my wares three bucks a share
Three bucks a share three bucks a share

I was walking down, down a rocky road and found
A noisy rising sun and a quietly burning moon
They were standing in line, standing in time
Standing in time waiting for a fantastic time standing in line

Like a stallion chasing fear itself watching God sit upon his shelf
We were restless, we were restless we were restless
But we had to keep on going we were restless

I was looking high but I was feeling low
Sun said don't sweat the moon kept still and glowed
The truth is in the eyes of common mortal men
And you can believe it's all in the grief of Satan
It's all in the grief of Satan the truth is in the eye
The truth is in the eye and you can feel

No comments: