Followers

Monday 12 August 2019

Polly Wolly Doodle

Now my little sister Polly she is really very jolly she went out and bought a dog the other day
Its a poodle and its wooly and she pulls it on a pulley singing polly's wooly poodle all the way
People popped into the parlour to see polly's wooly poodle with a bowl of chicken noodle on a tray
Saying Polly dearest poodle please your pretty little poodle she was popular with people right away.

Sad to say, came the day Polly's reputation fell completely flat
When the parson and his daughter sang the parting of the water 
Polly's poodle did a puddle on the mat.

Way down upon the Swanee River, I met Kate McGuire,
Two onions and a pound of liver, that's how she won my desire.
She knew just how to cook my dinner, oh hush my mouth,
No chance of ever getting thinner, down in the deep fried south.
All the steaks were rich and fatty, all the beans were tinned.
That's why my heart is burning ever, that's why I'm 'gone with the wind'.

I looked cross the water and what did I see lying on the seafront at home
A girl with a bust that measured 63 looked like St Peters in Rome.
Her name was Harriot, a stripper at the Hippodrome.
Swing low, sweet Harriet took four men to carry her home

No comments: