Followers

Monday 5 September 2022

The Zutons Tribute EP

Valerie

Well sometimes I go out by myself and I look across the water
And I think of all the things, what you're doing and in my head I make a picture
Because since I've come on home, well my body's been a mess
And I've missed your ginger hair and the way you like to dress
Won't you come on over, stop making a fool out of me
Why won't you come on over Valerie, Valerie?

Did you have to go to jail, put your house on up for sale, did you get a good lawyer?
I hope you didn't catch a tan, I hope you find the right man who'll fix it for you
Are you shopping anywhere, changed the colour of your hair, are you busy?
And did you have to pay the fine you were dodging all the time are you still dizzy?
Because since I've come on home, well my body's been a mess
And I've missed your ginger hair and the way you like to dress
Won't you come on over, stop making a fool out of me
Why won't you come on over Valerie, Valerie?

Well sometimes I go out by myself and I look across the water
And I think of all the things, what you're doing and in my head I make a picture'
Because since I've come on home, well my body's been a mess
And I've missed your ginger hair and the way you like to dress
Won't you come on over, stop making a fool out of me
Why won't you come on over Valerie, Valerie?

Havana Gang Brawl

Well the cops are at the door and you know that they want more
They've got spears, made for arms tried to lure you with their charms
You can hear the guns outside watching riots with their eyes
As you move from wall to wall hear the siren from the gang brawl

Line the locals one by one filling bullets with their guns
Are you red, or if you're blue because tonight their gonna find the truth
Take no prisoners today for the future will be laid
One big city, one big town everyone with the same crown
Havana Gang Brawl Havana Gang Brawl
Where will you sleep tonight?
Where will you sleep tonight?

A doomed old day for engagements they have torn up your arrangements
All the mothers, buying razors for the future will be dangerous
You try desperately to leave but all the trains are dry for steam
All the taxis on their sides all the planes are burning bright
Havana Gang Brawl Havana Gang Brawl
Where will you sleep tonight?
Where will you sleep tonight?

Only one option left to survive or you'll be dead
Do you hide now from the sin or do your blazing guns begin?
All the shops are up for sale you might make it out on bail
All the fathers shine today making sure that son's ok
Havana Gang Brawl Havana Gang Brawl
Where will you sleep tonight?
Where will you sleep tonight?

Tired Of Hanging Around

Well these should be the best days of your life but you worried all the goodness away
And these should be the times you remember the most but you haven't got the patience today
Down at the station a driver leaves late everyone's day is adrift
Well it's a domino effect and it's lost you all respect so you'd better get your boss a gift
Because they're tired of, tired of hanging around

The bus turned up and you wouldn't believe the driver had an attitude
Well he gave my pass a check and he gave me no respect and it's got me in a terrible mood
He's oblivious to all the pain that he's caused and the pain that he's about to make
Well I hope the next person could be the wrong person and wipe that stupid look off his face
These should be the best days of our lives but we've worried all the goodness away
These should be the times we remember the most but we haven't got the patience today
Because they're tired of, tired of hanging around

You've Got A Friend In Me

You've got a friend in me you've got a friend in me
Because when I looked at your face, I've seen a wonderful place and I knew it was there for me
You've got the sweetest smile  you've got it all for me
Because when I looked at your eyes, I've seen a terrible prize and I knew it was there for me

You follow me home when I'm finished in work you're creeping so quietly so I don't get scared
I sit in your garden on your fence at night I'm watching you live through the day and the night
Upstairs downstairs watching me move you'd never let me see you, you couldn't face the truth
I feel like I know you in every way though we've never spoke and we never say

Let me see where you go, let me follow you home
Let me I want to know, because I know that it's meant for me know that it's meant for me
And even if I stop to say hello there's so many things you don't know
I've got a perfect picture of you this way and if I got to know you it could all change
I want a new love, I'm sick of this pass time but I'm scared of new love, it's been such a long time

Bumbag

Raise a glass now to the person who invented the word called scum
He was clever never foolish and he knew where you came from
You’re a bum bag and a vexer and you never let your standards slip
Because your standards are so low-down like the pavement you find when you trip
But I won’t trip over look over my shoulder you won’t get the better of me
The credit you owe me respect you don’t show me all makes the better for me
You look so good from afar but you’re just a bum bag you are

You’re a parasite you’re a virus you only ever make mistakes
Like a leper or a tapeworm you only ever seem to take
Now you’re living with your language and everyone is avoiding you
Ask for money ask for cigarettes but it’s all you ever seem to do
But I won’t trip over look over my shoulder you won’t get the better of me
The credit you owe me respect you don’t show me all makes the better for me
You look so good from afar but you’re just a bum bag you are

All my friend’s heads seem to go down whenever you decide to turn up
Feel so sorry for your parents when they see your face, they must spew up
You’re the black sheep you’re the distance you should keep your wits about you in town
Because one day it could kill you and your body never will be found
But I won’t trip over look over my shoulder you won’t get the better of me
The credit you owe me respect you don’t show me all makes the better for me
You look so good from afar but you’re just a bum bag you are

Why Don't You Give Me Your Love?

What can I do what can I say to make you want me more
To have your love and show you how that's all I'm asking for
I've been around the block so many times and I need a place to stop
I only wanted what's right for you and what could be right for us
I hear the same thing all the time and you know that I don't care
Well I don't like the way you've been hanging around and I sure don't like your hair
Why won't you give me your love?
Why won't you give me your love?

I chain you up I make you mine I keep you locked downstairs
With all the bugs and all the gnats I feed you rodent hair
I keep you in my cellar safe I'll keep you there til dawn
I'll wait until the sun comes up and I'll poke and prod you more
I know you are tired and you're having a date well that don't mean nuts to me
When I see you out in town, I'm gonna hide so you can't see
Why won't you give me your love?
Why won't you give me your love?

No comments: