Followers

Tuesday 6 September 2022

Stray Cats Tribute EP

Runaway Boys

Get kicked out for coming home at dawn, Mom and Dad cursed the day you were born,
Throw your clothes into a duffle bag shouting as ya slam the door home is a drag
Who can I turn to and where can I stay I heard a place is open all night and all day
There's a place you can go where the cops don't know
You can act real wild they don't treat you like a child
Runaway boys

Your hair's all greasy and you feel like a slob,
You're only fifteen and you can't get a job,
Go into the luncheonette and shoot a few games
Losing all your quarters, man it's always the same
Steal a couple of bucks to buy a new toy,
Slip into the alley with the runaway boys
Running faster, faster all the time
You're under age and God knows, that's a crime!
Runaway boys

Stray Cat Strut

Black and orange stray cat sitting on a fence ain't got enough dough to pay the rent
I'm flat broke, but I don't care I strut right by with my tail in the air
Stray cat strut, I'm a Ladies' cat I'm a feline Casanova that's where it's at
Get a shoe thrown at me from a mean old man get my dinner from a garbage can don't cross my path

I don't bother chasing mice around, I slink down the alley looking for a fight
Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night
Singing the blues while the lady cats cry wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy
I wish I could be as carefree and wild but I got cat class, and I got cat style

Rumble In Brighton

Well there's the rockabilly cats with their pomps real high
Wearing black drape coats, all real gone guys
The cool skinheads with roll up jeans
Looking real tough and mighty mean

There's a rumble in Brighton tonight
Ringside seats for the neighborhood fight,
There ain't a Goddamn thing that the cops can do,
There's a rumble in Brighton tonight.
Well man there ain't a Goddamn thing that the cops can do,
So line back up for a side line view
Ringside seats for the neighborhood fight
There's a rumble in Brighton tonight.

They sew fish hooks under their collars got razors in their shoes
"Go cat go" is their battle cry World War Three is starting to brew
Well, the skinheads all use black jacks and they're looking mighty mean
They got chains wrapped around their fingers and their heads are all shaven clean

Well there ain't a man left standing so let's all go grab a beer
No team is a winner so we'll see you all next year
Rumble in Brighton tonight rumble on the beach tonight,
Rumble in Brighton tonight rumble on the beach tonight

Lonely Summer Nights

All those long and lonely summer nights that I have spent alone
Just thinking of you don't make dreams come true when you're so far away
All those lovely moonlit summer nights I guess they're all in vain
I know that I could don't know if I should I want you in my arms again
Here I just sitting lonely just counting the days I've to stay
But how do I know I still love you when you're so far away

All those long and lonely summer nights I guess they're all in vain
Just thinking of you don't make dreams come true I want you in my arms again
Here I just sitting lonely just counting the days I've to stay
But how do I know I still love you when you're so far away

All those long and lonely summer nights I guess they're all in vain
Just thinking of you don't make dreams come true when you're so far away
We'll be together somehow, someday

Storm The Embassy

Fifteen man taken captive in a hostile foreign land
Scorching sun beaming down onto miles and miles of sand
A mideast country being ruled by a man who thinks it's fun
To hold our people in return for a shah that's on the run
I think it's funny freedom takes money

It's a heartache and it's hard luck
Well that's tough shit man it's no fun
Storm the Iranian embassy
Before they start shooting down you and me

Scourge of suits in control of the diplomaticness
While the nations of the world look on and they care less
The Soviet Union won't agree to an economic plan
And then they laugh and march their troops into Afghanistan
Orders from Moscow invade Tehran now

A nation worries and reads the papers hoping that no-one has died
Hearing rumours that the hostages will soon be tried as spies
Demonstrations on the street saying that the end is near
The man from New York Times on vacation wants to know what happened here
Aggressive acts now we want the best now fifteen moms crying is my son dying?

Drink That Bottle Down

What's a man supposed to do when the blues have got him down
What's he gonna do when the blues have got him down
You go down the liquor store and you drink your bottle down

Where you gonna run to where you're gonna hide
Where you gonna run to with those blues right down inside
You got no place left to go to the liquor store and you drink your bottle down

What's a man supposed to do when the blues have got him down
What's he gonna do when the blues have got him down
You go down the liquor store and you drink your bottle down

No comments: