Followers

Friday 2 September 2022

Humble Pie Tribute EP

 As Safe As Yesterday Is

Can I face tomorrow with the news you bring me
My soul feels cold like ice a pinprick makes no pain
Hear me, listen, help me I felt our thing change from love to something else
How can it plague my mind a pinprick makes no pain
Hear me, listen, help me I shall find myself but I must have the time
To sow the seeds of something new farmer plough the field 
Harvest all you can a corn field smells so sweet a pinprick makes no pain
Hear me, listen, help me but to follow the weaver of dreams

Behind the sun that knows, it seems that I am forsworn a naked troubadour
I sit at court and I sing to the Princess of Beauty and Light
She favours me though I'm merely a minstrel of the night there on my right sits the King with his clowns
He pays to laugh while his queen lives on downs and the smile on his brow is the crown
Morning bird sing, fill my ears with the joy of our sorrow unmasked
Lend me your wings for the sun rays of dawn are here to last
I take my leave, as I leave I must take all I have seen in my dream 
Then I wake and it is as safe as yesterday is

79th Street Blues

Well this yellow haired snake sits smug as a bug got more angle than a toby jug
Star lock hair pins honey has faults shows her legs when opportunity knocks
Underneath her red sweater she's big deal go-getter
There'll be some dramas inside your pyjamas tonight

There's red eyed ruby with her built up hips
She's got nut crushing boobs and jam tart lips
Says her angle is connections downtown L.A
When you know she's just a hustler from the boys brigade
Well she's the same old number she just looks like your mother
There be sortations on your public relations overnight

She's young, she's wealthy she's far from healthy she does it up in Beverly Hills
She wears a foam back bra she drives her daddy's car has appeal to bend your will
Nymphomaniac nimrod pleasure thing high boots
Fred the hungry minions you planned blue van fruits
Keep on trucking think of all the fun you had
You know that such a lot of good ways to be bad

One Eyed Trouser Snake Rumba

I wanna know what you're living for
Are you the kinda girl that lives rather low?
I got the key and you got the door
Throw away your troubles gimme more.
Gimme more gimme more of that loving
Gimme more I want more.

I wanna know why your face so red
You gotta lay down what's in your head
Do your time, top gray bag, it's said
No talk now make the bed.
Gimme more I got loving
Gimme more I want more.

I wanna know what you're living for
Are you the kinda girl that lives rather low?
I got the key and you got the door
Throw away your troubles gimme more.
Gimme more gimme more of that loving gimme more I said I want more
Gimme more that's right gimme more I want more

Good Booze And Bad Women

Straight on up, you know I'm gonna do it right
I wanna stroke ya, choke ya, whisk you up and roll all night
I'm a weekend dreamer, don't hesitate and that's fun
To do it to the man with me, never need to worry.

Yes I'm a weekend dreamer, got 24 hours to get rich, get rich
I'm having shorties with the roadies while the group is knocked out with turn tails
Tonight I'm a rambler, see I'm a Ted, that's right
Do it to the man with me, never fails to work, never fails to work.

I'm gonna swing my hat and Sunday look around for girls
To get myself together, have to face that Monday morning's work, alright
I'm a weekend dreamer on the way to work feel real bad
Do it to the man with me never fails to  not to be till Monday need ya, never failing
You do to the man, baby, never fails to work.

Street Rat

My mother was a mongrel bitch, she ran from what she saw
My pa worked the late shift taking bread from local whores
I never learned to read or write until the age of ten
And when I found out just what I was I started out again
They call me Street Rat, I mess with Street Cats

I loved a coal black woman she lived on Thirty Fourth and Vine
She kept my hambone in her kitchen and her artichoke was mine
Late on Tuesday evening I was cruising by her floor
There's a blood stain on the pillow and brown sugar's on the floor
Well, I'm a Street Rat I am, I'm gonna get my Payback

I'm gonna find that son of a bitch. You hear what happened now you know what happened to me! 
I know it's bad news, but bad news is good news you know what I mean?
I axed around a few whores, found the mother's name was Clyde
I found him in a pimpmobile just over the West side
I held him by his fur collar and got out my thirty eight
Then I emptied all the inside on the outside of his weight
Don't mess with Street Rat, Street Rat
You see I'd like to tell y'all about myself because I'm feeling fine 
But I can hear my main man coming and I'm running out of time
Man I'm getting down so far that I'm below ground

Buttermilk Boy

She pays no mind to methods you employ
She wants a big city man, not a country boy
Go get your long hair cut scrape the mud off your boots
Wash the hell behind those ears buy yourself some tailored suits
Buttermilk Boy better gain some pounds before she lets her knickers down
She wants a muscled man all gristle and bone makes no difference how you strive

She couldn't care if you're dead or alive a burly, beefy, strong arm man is all she cares to meet
Before you ever heard the word guitar your mother used to see her as a star
She spent her teens in chauffeured limousines
And I heard tell you can't get insured for a clapped out '45 drophead Ford
Buttermilk Boy better gain some pounds before she lets her knickers down
She wants a muscled man all gristle and bone she'll tear you down like a steer coming through

Like I said she ain't no use to you a lumpy hairy mundane brain is all she cares to make
So let me put you straight marry farmyard Kate she weighs two hundred pounds it's said
But she'll keep you warm in bed
Buttermilk Boy better gain some pounds before she lets her knickers down
She wants a muscled man all gristle and bone so you think you know where it's about
But she will suck you in and then she'll blow you out
Kate will keep you satisfied until your dying day in chauffeured limousines

No comments: