Followers

Tuesday 27 September 2022

Raven Tribute EP

 Run Silent, Run Deep

North Atlantic winter halfway through the homeward run
Headwind grows to force 8 as the ice blots out the sun
The captain eyes the compass and holds stead to south-east
But look over to starboard see the rising of the beast

The hunter picks his victim out, the weakest of the pack
He rises and delivers his attack
Run silent, run deep destructor below
All hell breaks above they're after your blood

Explosion and in disbelief the others turn and stare
And see the bail of fire that is spewed into the air
Destroyers seal off escape and respond to the attack
And drop their deadly cargo down to break the hunters back

The hunter is the hunted, the tables turned on you
Nothing else that you can do
Run silent, Run deep destructor below
All hell breaks above they're after your blood

Blasted out the water, only wreckage tells the fate
Strewn across the ocean as the captain grips the rail
The incident is over turn the helm full speed ahead
A pause and turns his mind to work nothing to be said

Lambs To The Slaughter

Most people take it they get pushed down
Bared out of their minds just hanging around
Make no decisions they out on a limb
Labelled and numbered prospects are grim.
It's time to fight back it's time to attack.

Taken their pride is locked in room
Lambs to the slaughter your turns comes soon
Picked on and pushed they don't stand for their rights
When they come to they just turn out the lights.
It's time to fight back it's time to attack.

Watch You Drown

You have so much to give
You climbed so high and left them take it
Lost in your prison cell you took all the answers
Took the keys and threw them all away

Does it feel better do you feel good
Nobody's laughing everybody watch you drown
Slowly down you the bottom watch you drown
Saw you turn and throw yourself away

Run take one way ride
The easy way destroy the future
Burn all the bridges down stare at the barrel
Took the keys and threw them all away

Life's A Bitch

Woke up this morning more dead then alive
Sentenced to madness from nine until five
The weather is lousy, think I'm gonna be late
My breakfast is freezing, the milk has gone off
I feel like telling the world to fuck off
I ain't got no money, I'm late for the train
If I don't get out of here, it's gonna drive me insane
Why does nothing ever turn out right
Life's a bitch when it's got you by the balls
Life's a bitch when you feel the squeeze

My brand new motor's almost made out of rust
And my bank account has almost bit the dust
My baby's screaming that she needs new clothes
She had a hundred dollars but she stuck it up her nose
Why don't you shut your mouth
Life's a bitch when it's got you by the balls
Life's a bitch when you feel the squeeze

The rent collector is knocking hell out the door
The Sunday dinner plastered over the floor
I can't understand the hell I've done
I just got to try and get my hands on a gun
Why does nothing ever turn out
Just the way it oughta turn out
Anyway you look, there ain't no doubt
Life's a bitch when it's got you by the balls
Life's a bitch when you feel the squeeze

Bring The Hammer Down

Stuck in this town you can't break free
The arm of the law giving you the third degree
Can't get no job to earn my pay
Gonna lose control by the end of the day

Heads are going to roll in this town tonight
Hear my blood boil, the end's in sight
With all your might BRING THE HAMMER DOWN
Get out of my way BRING THE HAMMER DOWN
Nail him to the ground BRING THE HAMMER DOWN
We're not gonna break it if we ain't gonna take it

They think they're clever, thinking we're the fools
Those power crazy people with their iron rules
Kids on the street, looking for a fight
Listen to those sirens as they wail all through the night

They put me in the slammer, threw away the key
Crucified my body, killed the man in me
Mr Jailer, let me out I've done my time
The only future for me was a life of crime

Sweet Jane

Under the microscope building up their hope
Stinging them on you really got it down
Another sad sack falls prey to your attack
Crawling after you all over the town.

Sweet sweet Jane don't you hear me
They stare at you but you just don't see
So insane it's so easy you pull their chain so viciously
They love you for your mind not your body.

They way she walks that walk she got that curvature
She knows so well its gonna drag them down
Busting out on top and leaving them behind
But that's as close as they'll get no doubt.

Just what I've always wanted but I can never be
So wrapped up in herself she's never gonna see.
You want an eyeful she's so delightful
Check out the merchandise all on show
But if you get too close she's gonna burn you
One way ticket and its time to go.

No comments: