Followers

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Galactic Cowboys Tribute EP

 My School

My mind is like a video of memories, but I don't know if I'm crazy
In the classroom I would pray I wouldn't have to read that day, I was lazy
People thought but didn't say, I turn the page of red and gray...I'm bolder
The golden boys who got the girls are going bald with no more curls, they're older
Well, the moon is full tonight and I'm going back, tell me where you are tonight
Because I'm going back to my school, going back to my school

Teachers smirked but never knew what I had inside and when I'd grow I'd show them
But I realized the other day it wouldn't matter what they'd say, I'd know when
Well, the moon is full tonight and I'm going back, tell me where you are tonight
Because I'm going back to my school, going back to my school

You locked me up inside, my feelings I denied
Well, the moon is full tonight and I'm going back, tell me where you are tonight
Because I'm going back to my school, going back to my school
Tell me where you are tonight tell me where you are tonight?

The Struggle

Cover my eyes, too bright for night
Path that I run, too small for some
Take a step and try to walk, I fall
Plant my feet and try to stand
The struggle never ends

Chains made of flesh, shackles of death
Peace to my right, spirit of life
Just a slave to something I can't stand
It's gonna kill me, kill the inner man
Like a pyre burning up and down
It's gonna burn this temple to the ground

Easy to Love

Like the bristles through your hair
The memories flowing through the air
Now comes a time to reminisce
Excitement of the virgin kiss

You were so hard to find the words to a rhyme
Just in the nick of time, a vision, a sign
And you were so easy to love
You were a gift sent down from above

You ask me to produce a list
Of reasons why I can't resist
The pictures point toward the truth
The feelings paint the final clue

You were the one so fine, fixed in my mind
Put my thoughts in rewind, and there I would find
That you were so easy to love
Promise of hope sent back by a dove
And you were so easy to love

 Life and Times

Everyone makes choices
But I can't say which is right
And everyone makes promises
And only meant to lie
And I don't know what to do
And I don't know just what to say anymore
This is my life and times.

Lying down in darkness
With my ear against the door
I closed my eyes and caught
A fleeting glimpse and wanted more
Of the life that struck my soul
With feelings too great to ignore
But this is my life and times.

The seconds turn to days
And now I'm older
And I know it's time for me to start anew.
But I buckle from the weight
That's on my shoulders
And I need someone to help me through.

Daddy couldn't speak to me
Before he ceased to live
Although he held his hands to me
My eyes could not forgive
All the pain that they had seen
And hoped my mind would not relive
But this is my life and times.

 Internalize

More and more you're looking in
Play the game and never win
More and more I push inside
The negative and let it slide away

All the pain I fear in life
Becoming petrified...I internalize

More and more I feel the hand
Helping me to understand
More and more I wage a war
Fighting in the very core of me

All the pain I fear in life
Become petrified...I internalize
Locked away and try to hide
Never more the wise...I internalize

Sorrow needs a place to go
See the me you'll never know

 Believing the Hype

Tell your friends it's happening again
They're the greatest band you've never heard
So obscure when they come to your town
No one ever seems to get the word

So underrated you're overrated
Now you're a sucker believing the hype
So underrated you're overrated
Now you're a sucker believing the hype
Now you're a sucker believing the hype

What a shame they should've been so huge
Where's the recognition they deserve?
Missed the boat their genius overlooked
Apparently the masses aren't concerned

It's a total freak-fest fantasy when you're gonna be the next big thing
But you wake up and it's all a dream or a crime never mind
Time off work to lay some basic tracks
It all comes back like they're all seasoned pros!
Crowdfunding avoids the 9 to 5
The less they try the more their legend grows

No comments: