Followers

Tuesday 23 August 2022

Saint Vitus Tribute EP

 War Is Our Destiny

Heavy metal wings shining in the night
Every inch is prepared for kamikaze flight
The machines are faster and the bombs are worse
As we're all sucked into this unholy curse
War is our destiny

There's a thousand armies dressed up with nowhere to go
All ready to dance in the final show
These men aren't bad men they're like you or me
The only thing that's different is their destiny
War is our destiny

We both sign treaties and they always die
Neither side can give us a good reason why
They're always talking louder and now we are too
Guess we both bit off more than we could chew
War is our destiny

Just Friends (Empty Love)

I don't want your empty love just leave me alone
I have done OK so far living on my own
You said you could give me shelter underneath your wing
But all I ever got from you was hate and misery
Woman you don't want to be just friends

Thought that I could always be there every time you call
Now you seem surprised to find that I'm not there at all
You loved the way you had me pressed beneath your thumb
Now I am the one who's laughing my new life's begun
Woman you don't want to be just friends

My new life is getting stronger since you've gone away
Survival is the only thing that I care for today
You showed me the beautiful and ugly sides of love
Now I am to roam the earth bitching what you've done
Woman you don't want to be just friends

Born Too Late

Every time I'm on the street people laugh and point at me
They talk about my length of hair and the out of date clothes I wear
They say I look like the living dead they say I can't have much in my head
They say my songs are much too slow but they don't know the things I know
I know I don't belong and there's nothing I can do
I was born too late and I'll never be like you

In my life things never change to everybody I seem strange
But in my world now something's died so I just stare with these insane eyes
I know I don't belong and there's nothing that I can do
I was born too late and I'll never be like you

 Angry Man

I don't need the madness that society breeds
I don't need the pressure comin' down on me
Why must you always stare, I ain't no fucking clown
Just want to live without somebody bringing me down

All I want is to live my life easy and free
I don't need no human bullshit prejudice, down on me

Everywhere I wander, I stick out in the crowd
Constantly fight for relief, abuse from all around
Now my mind is twisting, contemplating revenge
But I won't stoop to their level, I refuse to be like them

Hard for me to be happy with sadness all around
Real easy to be angry, ain't no problem to frown
You'll have to prove to me that what I say is a lie
Because all I see is hatred splashed before my eyes

Plague Of Man

Come and listen to my tale of woe
My final downfall came not long ago
I have got a disease that breeds tears
It's been plaguing man for years and years

Everybody here knows how it feels
When the heartache grows beyond unreal
All you do is think about that girl
Then the madness cracks your eggshell world

Everything around you falls apart
We have lost the race right from the start
Nothing left inside a washed-out brain
Weighted down forever by her chains it's the plague of man

Saint Vitus

Saint Vitus was a young lad no one knows how old
Until the kingdom took his life for the things he told
The world is full of wickedness so Vitus says
If you believe in god above you will all be saved
Lust can breed corruption so wash it from your life
Don't believe in the government let your soul decide
And so the king grew angry He saw his end in sight.
Young Vitus must be stopped the little child must die
Saint Vitus hear his distant scream
Saint Vitus died for his belief

So if you're breeding wickedness keep this in mind
Vitus' soul is watching you through the veils of time
Well, people always stay the game they never seem to learn
Until they all have lost their faith and their souls have burned
Saint Vitus hear his distant scream
Saint Vitus died for his belief

No comments: