Followers

Wednesday 14 July 2021

Sick Of It All Tribute EP

Scratch The Surface

Scratch the surface serve a purpose
Scratch the surface don't waste my time
Such an empty life, night after night
All hidden faults, are such a shallow sight
Such simple sheep, herd to the creeps
Beauty is null, barely skin deep

What is the force that drives the superficial tell me what keeps their minds remaining little
What is the force that drives the superficial tell me what keeps their minds remaining
So afraid of what they'd see underneath the fantasy so afraid to actually scratch the surface.

Scratch the surface serve a purpose
Scratch the surface don't waste my time
All mirrors hide failure inside
That's maybe why they take so much time
Big money lies, big lying eyes
Eyes are the soul of big dollar signs

What is the force that drives the superficial tell me what keeps their minds remaining little
What is the force that drives the superficial tell me what keeps their minds remaining
So afraid of what they'd see underneath the fantasy so afraid to actually scratch the surface.
Scratch the surface serve a purpose scratch the surface don't waste my time

Take The Night Off

Brutal the big picture is so cruel to us and everyone's life is such a tiny speck
The worst atrocities can pass. fifty miles away to no effect
Power. power has always been abused work. debt. poverty. taxes life's oppressive rules
Power. power just might never change no answers will come from our bloodthirsty ways
Let's take the night off from mental stress let's take the night off  this world's a mess

Captive held captive by our hopes and dreams our best intentions can destroy us
We shouldn't grind ourselves away take a break. we need to maintain
Commiserating has run it's course we'll save the world tomorrow
We'll have to wait until that day we'll wait. we'll wait but in the meantime
Let's celebrate that we don't give a fuck let's celebrate that we don't care
Let's celebrate that we don't give a fuck with the middle finger high in the air
Let's celebrate that we don't give a fuck take the night off. pass the buck

Friends Like You/Give Respect

Call me a friend but you stab me in the back you pretend we get along, it's all just an act
You always use people to get what you need you take advantage of others to satisfy your greed
All you do is take and you never once give don't you have any shame, the life that you live
We don't need you, you fucking scum hope that friends like you will never come
When things turn bad for you, don't count on me because I'll turn my back on you as you did to me
We don't need friends like you we don't need friends like you
We don't need friends like you we don't need friends like you

Give respect, get it back my solid promise to this private pact
To this honored oath I pledged never to push you over the edge
Straight edge or not don't matter to me you can be what you want to be
In your actions give me proof what's inside, the real truth
But pure is what you're when you're born be positive of what you're gonna be
Hard is this life that we're thrown into stick it out, like my brothers and me

Extend your hand, call your friend I'll stand with you till the end
Forget mistakes of the past if your friendship's true it will last
Straight edge or not don't matter to me you can be what you want to be
In your actions give me proof what's inside the real truth
But pure is what you are when you're born be positive of what you're gonna be
Hard is the life that you're thrown into stick it out, like my brothers and me

My Revenge

Don't you jump in, it's not your fight
Your ideas mean shit to me you ain't on my side
It's my revenge, it's my revenge

One last resort, my broken back
I have a reason and a cause to fight back
It's my revenge, it's my revenge

I won't stand for it anymore, you know my time has come
Gonna see some changes, won't stop 'till I've won
It's my revenge, it's my revenge
It's my revenge, it's my revenge

Stood For Nothing

Desperate little you we've seen the act and it won't do
Helpless pathetic you it's always something it's always something
Stood For Nothing

Show some pride, show something
You got no heart, you got nothing
Help me stay true so I'll never be like you
Stood for Nothing

It's all good I still believe in myself, humanity
It's all good I still believe - that's the way it's gotta be
Stood For Nothing piss in the dirt

The Future Is Mine

If you want to save me leave me alone with your sick polluted soul
If you want to save me leave me alone the future's mine

It's such a waste of precious time, precious years
Precious feelings that are misdirected and should be disconnected
It's such a shame to learn a lesson after giving of yourself in all so many ways to find it didn't pay

Don't want to compromise myself low self image hasn't got the best of confidence 
At least not yet it hasn't
Only the least affected can be the most respected just to escape is worth the temporary pain and hurt

If you want to save me leave me alone with your sick polluted soul
If you want to save me leave me alone I have had enough this time the future is mine
My friends objectively told me again and again about the things that I refused to see

No comments: