Followers

Thursday 15 July 2021

Megadeth Tribute EP

Peace Sells

What do you mean, I don't believe in God I talk to him every day.
What do you mean, I don't support your system I go to court when I have to.
What do you mean I can't get to work on time I got nothing better to do
And, what do you mean I don't pay my bills why do you think I'm broke? 
If there's a new way I'll be the first in line but, it better work this time.

What do you mean I hurt your feelings I didn't know you had any feelings.
What do you mean I ain't kind I'm just not your kind.
What do you mean I couldn't be the president of the United States of America
Tell me something, it's still We the people right
If there's a new way I'll be the first in line but, it better work this time.

Can you put a price on peace?
Peace sells but who's buying?
Peace sells but who's buying?
Peace sells but who's buying?
Peace sells but who's buying?

Set The World Afire

Red flesh cloud's choking out the morning sky
They said it'd never come, we knew it was a lie
All forms of life die now the humans all succumb
Time to kiss your ass goodbye the end has just begun

Distorted figures walk the street, it's 1989
Weeds once underneath your feet have grown to vines
Bodies melted like a candies, a land without a face
No time to change your fate, no time left, it's too late
The arsenal of megadeth can't be rid they said
And if it comes, the living will envy the dead
Racing for power, and all come in last no winning first stone cast
This falsehood worldly peace it's treaties soon will cease
No one will be left to prove that humans existed
Maybe soon the children will be born open-fisted
We all live on one planet it will all go up in smoke

Too bad they couldn't see this lethal energy
And now the final scene, a global darkening
Dig deep piles of rubble and ruins
Towering overhead both far and wide
There's unknown tools for World War III
Einstein said we'll use rocks on the other side
No survivors set the world afire

Foreclosure Of A Dream

Rise so high, yet so far to fall
A plan of dignity and balance for all
Political breakthrough, euphoria's high
More borrowed money, more borrowed time
Backed in a corner, caught up in the race
Means to an end ended in disgrace
Perspective is lost in the spirit of the chase

Foreclosure of a dream those visions never seen
Until all is lost personal holocaust foreclosure of a dream
Rise so high, yet so far to fall a plan of dignity and balance for all
Political breakthrough, euphoria's high more borrowed money, more borrowed time
Holocaust

Barren land that once filled a need
Are worthless now, dead without a deed
Slipping away from an iron grip
Nature's scales are forced to tip
The heartland cries, loss of all pride
To leave ain't believing, so try and be tried
Insufficient funds, insanity and suicide

Now with new hope some will be proud
This is no hoax, no one pushed out
Receive a reprieve and be a pioneer
Break new ground of a new frontier
New ideas will surely get by
No deed, or dividend some may ask why?
You'll find the solution, the answer's in the sky

Holy Wars The Punishment Due

Brother will kill brother spilling blood across the land
Killing for religion something I don't understand
Fools like me, who cross the sea and come to foreign lands
Ask the sheep, for their beliefs do you kill on God's command?
A country that's divided surely will not stand
My past erased, no more disgrace no foolish naive stand
The end is near, it's crystal clear part of the master plan
Don't look now to Israel it might be your homelands
Holy wars

Upon my podium, as the know it all scholar
Down in my seat of judgement gavels bang, uphold the law
Up on my soapbox, a leader out to change the world
Down in my pulpit as the holier than-thou-could-be-messenger of God
Wage the war on organized crime sneak attacks, repel down the rocks behind the lines
Some people risk to employ me some people live to destroy me either way they die.

They killed my wife, and my baby with hopes to enslave me first mistake last mistake!
Paid by the alliance, to slay all the giants next mistake no more mistakes!
Fill the cracks in, with judicial granite because I don't say it, don't mean I ain't thinking it
Next thing you know, they will take my thoughts away
I know what I said, now I must scream of the overdose and the lack of mercy killings.
Next thing you know, they will take my thoughts away.

Tornado Of Souls

This morning I made the call the one that ends it all
Hanging up, I wanted to cry but dammit, this well's gone dry
Not for the money, not for the fame not for the power, just no more games
But now I'm safe in the eye of the tornado I can't replace the lies, that let a 1000 days go
No more living trapped inside in her way I'll surely die in the eye of the tornado, blow me away

You'll grow to loathe my name you'll hate me just the same
You won't need your breath and soon you'll meet your death
Not from the years, not from the use not from the tears, just self abuse
But now I'm safe in the eye of the tornado I can't replace the lies, that let a 1000 days go
No more living trapped inside in her way I'll surely die in the eye of the tornado, blow me away

Who's to say what's for me to say who's to say what's for me to be
Who's to say what's for me to do because a big nothing it'll be for me
The land of opportunity the golden chance for me my future looks so bright
Now I think I've seen the light
Can't say what's on my mind can't do what I really feel
In this bed I made for me is where I sleep, I really feel
I warn you of the fate proven true to late
Your tongue twist perverse come drink now of this curse
And now I fill your brain I spin you round again
My poison fills your head as I tuck you into bed
You feel my fingertips you won't forget my lips
You'll feel my cold breath it's the kiss of death

Sudden Death

His wicked Highness born from disaster to dominate and to kill
A glistening murder machine false majesty standing perfectly still
A blitzkrieg raining down evil on a mountain of black ice
Like a good old-fashioned beating within inches of your life

While alone and left abandoned with the sentence you've been handed
All your angels will ignore you as your life flashes before you
Even still you keep on fighting through the thunder and the lightning
And now Heaven sends its love your sudden death from above

Once frozen like a prisoner depraved perched high atop the lithospheres
Set free from beneath the depths of hell bequeathing man nothing but despair
The beast is genetically programmed time to destroy, time to go berserk
To see the end of all wars to see the end of the Earth

Stopping at nothing, punch drunk from the blood that he's tasted
Tearing your soul apart not one bit of your pain will be wasted
Now death descends upon you like a bloody white dove
Bringing your retribution your sudden death from above

No comments: