Followers

Monday 26 July 2021

Madness Tribute EP

My Girl

My girl's mad at me I didn't wanna see the film tonight
I found it hard to say she thought I'd had enough of her
Why can't she see she's lovely to me but I like to stay in 
And watch TV on my own every now and then

My girl's mad at me been on the telephone for an hour
We hardly said a word I tried and tried but I could not be heard
Why can't I explain why do I feel this pain because everything I say
She doesn't understand she doesn't realise she takes it all the wrong way

My girl's mad at me we argued just the other night
I thought we'd got it straight we talked and talked until it was light
I thought we'd agreed I thought we'd talked it out now when I try to speak
She says that I don't care she says I'm unaware and now she says I'm weak

Night Boat To Cairo

It's just gone noon half past monsoon on the banks of the river Nile
Here comes the boat only half-afloat oarsman grins a toothless smile
Only just one more to this desolate shore last boat along the river Nile
Doesn't seem to care no more wind in his hair as he reaches his last half mile

The oar snaps in his hand before he reaches dry land but the sound doesn't deafen his smile
Just pokes at wet sand with an oar in his hand floats off down the river Nile
All aboard, night boat to Cairo

Our House

Father wears his Sunday best Mother's tired she needs a rest the kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep Brother's got a date to keep he can't hang around
Our house, in the middle of our street our house, in the middle of our

Our house it has a crowd there's always something happening and it's usually quite loud
Our mum she's so house-proud nothing ever slows her down and a mess is not allowed
Our house, in the middle of our street our house, in the middle of our

Something tells you that you've got to get away from it
Father gets up late for work Mother has to iron his shirt then she sends the kids to school
Sees them off with a small kiss she's the one they're going to miss in lots of ways
Our house, in the middle of our street our house, in the middle of our

I remember way back then when everything was true and when we would have such a very good time
Such a fine time such a happy time and I remember how we'd play simply waste the day away
Then we'd say nothing would come between us two dreamers
Father wears his Sunday best Mother's tired she needs a rest the kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep Brother's got a date to keep he can't hang around
Our house, in the middle of our street our house, in the middle of our
Our house, in the middle of our street our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our street our house, in the middle of our
Our house, was our castle and our keep our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, that was where we used to sleep our house, in the middle of our street

The Prince

Buster, he sold the heat with a rock-steady beat
An earthquake is erupting but not in Orange Street
A ghost-dance is preparing you got to help us with your feet
If you're not in the mood to dance step back, grab yourself a seat
This may not be uptown Jamaica but we promise you a treat
Buster bowl me over with your bogus dance shuffle me off my feet
Even though I'll keep on running I'll never get to Orange street

So I'll say there's nothing left to say for the man who set the beat
So I'll leave it up to you out there to get him back on his feet
Buster bowl me over with your bogus dance shuffle me off my feet
Even though I'll keep on running I'll never get to Orange street
Bring back the Prince who is the Prince we want the Prince bring back the Prince

Driving In My Car

I've been driving in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar
I bought it in Primrose Hill from a bloke from Brazil
It was made in fifty-nine in a factory by the Tyne
It says Morris on the door, the G.P.O. owned it before
I drive in it for my job, the governor calls me a slob
But I don't really care, give me some gas and the open air

It's a bit old but it's mine, I mend it in my spare time
Just last week I changed the oil, the rocker valves and the coil
Just last week I changed the oil
Last week it went round the clock, I also had a little knock
I dented somebody's fender, he learnt not to park on a bender, ha ha ha

I've been driving in my car, it don't look much but I've been far
I drive up to Muswell Hill, I've even been to Selsey Bill
I drove along the A45, I had her up to 58
This copper stopped me the other day, you're mistaken what could I say
The tyres were a little worn, they were O.K., I could have sworn
I like driving in my car, I'm satisfied I've got this far

I like driving in my car, it don't look much but I've been far
I like driving in my car, even with a flat tyre
I like driving in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar
I like driving in my car, I'm satisfied I've got this far

Bed And Breakfast Man

Well there's a man I know at least I used to years ago
I didn't really mind he used to come around all the time
Of course he had to be fed I had to give him a bed
He used to kip on my sofa they used to call him a loafer

I've heard he's changed a lot since then but some of his ways he just can't mend
Told the other day that he'd offered to pay he didn't like his dad he earned all he ever had
He didn't have no shame he was a master at his game
He never showed his hand he was the bed and breakfast man
He was the bed and breakfast man

No comments: