Followers

Sunday 13 September 2020

Thin Lizzy Tribute EP

Jailbreak

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak somewhere in this town
See me and the boys we don't like it so we are getting up and going down
Hiding low looking right to left if you see us coming I think it's best
To move away do you hear what I say from under my breath
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak so don't you be around

Tonight there's gonna be trouble some of us won't survive
See the boys and me mean business busting out dead or alive
I can hear the hound dogs on my trail all hell breaks loose, alarm and sirens wail
Like the game if you lose go to jail
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak so don't you be around

Tonight there's gonna trouble I'm gonna find myself in
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak so woman stay with a friend
You know it's safer breakout!
Tonight there's gonna be a breakout into the city zones
Don't you dare to try and stop us no one could for long
Searchlight on my trail tonight's the night all systems fail
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak so don't you be around

You good looking female come here!
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak so don't you be around
Tonight there's gonna be trouble I'm gonna find myself in
Tonight there's gonna be trouble so woman stay with a friend

The Boys Are Back In Town

Guess who just got back today them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, haven't much to say but man, I still think them cats are great
They were asking if you were around how you was, where you could be found
I told them you were living downtown driving all the old men crazy
The boys are back in town

You know the chick that used to dance a lot every night she'd be on the floor shaking what she'd got
Man when I tell you she was cool, she was red hot I mean she was steaming
That time over at Johnny's place well this chick got up and she slapped Johnny's face
Man we just fell about the place if that chick don't want to know, forget her
The boys are back in town

Spread the word around the boys are back in town
Spread the word around the boys are back in town
Friday night they'll be dressed to kill down at Dino's bar and grill
The drink will flow and blood will spill if the boys want to fight, you'd better let them
That jukebox in the corner blasting out my favourite song 
The nights are getting warmer, it won't be long
It won't be long till summer comes now that the boys are here again
The boys are back in town

Emerald

Down from the glen came the marching men with their shields and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right overthrow the overlords
To the town where there was plenty they brought plunder, swords and flame
When they left the town was empty children would never play again

From their graves I heard the fallen above the battle cry
By that bridge near the border there were many more to die
Then onward over the mountain and outward towards the sea
They had come to claim the Emerald without it they could not leave

Angel Of Death

I've seen a fire start in Frisco the day that the earth quaked
I've seen buildings blazing throwing up in flames
I heard men, women and children crying out to their God for mercy
But their God didn't listen so they were burned alive
They went down, down, deep underground in the great disaster

I was hanging out in Berlin in the year one thousand nine hundred and thirty nine
I've seen Hitler's storm troopers march right across the Maginot line
I've seen Two World Wars I've seen men send rockets out into space
I foresee a holocaust an angel of death descending to destroy the human race
Down, down, deep underground a great disaster

In the sixteenth century there was a French philosopher by the name of Nostradamus
Who prophesied that in the late twentieth century an angel of death shall waste this land
A holocaust the likes of which this planet had never seen
Now, I ask you do you believe this to be true?

I was standing by the bedside the night that my father died
He was crying out in pain to his God he said have mercy, mercy
His body was riddled with a disease unknown to man so he expected no cure
But before he died that night he was lost, insane
He went down, down, deep underground a great disaster
You'll go down, down, deep underground a great disaster

Whiskey In The Jar

As I was going over the Cork and Kerry mountains.
I saw Captain Farrell and his money he was counting
I first produced my pistol and then produced my rapier.
I said stand o'er and deliver or the devil he may take ya.

Whack for my Daddy O
Whack for my Daddy O
There's whiskey in the jar O

I took all of his money and it was a pretty penny.
I took all of his money and I brought it home to Molly.
She swore that she'd love me, never would she leave me.
But the devil take that woman for you know she tricked me easy.

Being drunk and weary I went to Molly's chamber.
Taking my money with me and I never knew the danger.
For about six or maybe seven in walked Captain Farrell.
I jumped up, fired off my pistols and I shot him with both barrels.

Now some men like the fishing and some men like the fowling
And some men like ta hear a cannon ball a roaring
Me? I like sleeping especially in my Molly's chamber.
But here I am in prison, here I am with a ball and chain

Fighting My Way Back

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable
But I'm fighting my way back

I'm busting out and I'm going in
I'm kicking up about the state I'm in
Looking to my future, not my past
I want to be a good boy but how long can it last
Fighting my way back

This kid is going to wreck and ruin
I'm not quite sure of what I'm doing
You see it happened all a little too soon
But it's all there in this here tune
Fighting my way back

No comments: