Followers

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Misirlou/Uskudara/Sari Gelin

Misirlou

Desert shadows creep across purple sands natives kneel in prayer by their caravans.
There, silhouetted under and eastern star I see my long lost Blossom Of Shalimar
You, Misirlou, Are the moon and the sun, fairest one.
Old temple bells are calling across the sand we will find our Kismet answering love's command.
You, Misirlou, are a dream of delight in the night.
To an oasis, sprinkled by stars above Heaven will guide us, Allah will bless our love

Uskudara

On the way to Üsküdar, rain poured down.
My clerk's frock coat is long, with its skirt muddied.
It seems the clerk just woke up, his eyes are languid.
The clerk belongs to me, I belong to the clerk, what is it to others?
How handsome my clerk looks with starched shirts!

On the way to Üsküdar, I found a handkerchief.
I filled the handkerchief with Turkish delight.
As I was looking for my clerk, I found him next to me.
The clerk belongs to me, I belong to the clerk, what is it to others?
How handsome my clerk looks with starched shirts!

Sari Gelin

Don't braid the end of your hair,don't pluck the flower while it's young, yellow bride. 
Don't braid the end of your hair, don't pluck the flower while it's young, yellow bride.

You were born for love with me;  We were born to love each other; 
You are the only one; on earth, in life, in the sky. You are my sunshine, my fire. 
I fell in love with you on a moonlit night The sun, a man and yellow bride 
The only star, land and your breath, I love life, life is you. 
My eyes that see you are full of eagerness, You came into my dream like a ray, yellow bride.

What kind of love is this? They won't let me marry you. 
What should I do, what should I do, yellow bride? 
What kind of love is this? They won't give you to me.

It's me, looking for you among the stars. Answer me, don't break my heart! 
I will breathe with your warm breath, I will remember you all my life, 
Enough! dry your tears, don't cry! Don't keep the fire in your heart too long, 
Your destined happiness is written on your forehead. Pure love within one night. 
But this is only a dream and you are in my dream, You are my yellow bride among my wishes.

What kind of love is this? They won't let us marry. 
What should I do, what should I do, yellow bride? 
What kind of love is this? They won't give you to me.

It's us, only us and the sky, You came to me in this utter night. 
The light woke me up, and we got separated among the stars. 
Hear my crying, I felt this sharp pain in my heart, Love is a game and I was winning, 
I couldn't imagine such an end. but you wanted death, You achieved your goal in the end, yellow bride.

What kind of love is this? They won't let me marry you. 
What should I do, what should I do, yellow bride? 
You are my yellow bride, You are my yellow bride.
Along this valley, Give the lamb back to me, shepherd You are my yellow bride

No comments: