Followers

Friday 23 December 2022

Spinal Tap Tribute EP

 Big Bottom

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushing that's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand or so I have read
My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo
Big bottom, big bottom talk about bum cakes my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind how could I leave this behind

I met her on Monday, it was my lucky bun day you know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day you know what I mean
My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights big game is waiting there inside her tights
Big bottom, big bottom talk about mud flaps my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind how could I leave this behind

The Majesty of Rock

There's a pulse in the new-born sun a beat in the heat of noon;
There's a song as the day grows long and a tempo in the tides of the moon.
It's all around us and it's everywhere and it's deeper than Royal blue.
And it feels so real you can feel the feeling!
And that's The Majesty Of Rock the fantasy of Roll!
The ticking of the clock the wailing of the soul!
The prisoner in the dock the digger in the hole,
We're in this together...and ever...

In the shade of a jungle glade or the rush of the crushing street,
On the plain, on the foamy main you can never escape from the beat.
It's in the mud and it's in your blood and its conquest is complete.
And all that you can do is just surrender.
To the Majesty of Rock the Pageantry of Roll!
The crowing of the cock the running of the foal!
The shepherd with his flock the miner with his coal,
We're in this together...and ever...

When we die, do we haunt the sky do we lurk in the murk of the seas?
What then are we born again just to sit asking questions like these?
I know, for I told me so and I'm sure each of you quite agrees:
The more it stays the same, the less it changes!
And that's The Majesty Of Rock the Mystery of Roll!
The darning of the sock the scoring of the goal!
The farmer takes a wife the barber takes a pole.
We're in this together...and ever

The Sun Never Sweats

Bolder than the pirates who used to rule the sea
Braver than the natives, who never heard of tea.
They never knew what hit them, said the Spaniards later on.
Empire. It was here and now it's gone.
Even the biggest elephant never forgets
And the sun never sweats. No, the sun never sweats.

You were younger than a virgin, older than the sea.
You were angel, you were devil, and I was all of me.
You knew you met your master, when I made you stay at home.
Woman. Whatever made you roam.
Even the hardest concrete never quite sets.
And the sun never sweats. No, the sun never sweats.

Losing is for losers, winners play to win.
Always love the sinner, you may even like the sin.
The door that used to open has closed without a crack.
Woman, you're like the Empire and I still want you back.
We may be gods or just big marionettes but the sun never sweats.
Life is a gamble and we're all placing our bets.
And the sun never sweats no the sun never sweats.

Break Like The Wind

We are the children who grew too fast
We are the dust of a future past
We raise our voices in the night crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard or will they Break Like The Wind

We are the footprints across the sands
We are the thumb on a stranger's hand
We made a promise in the night swearing to heaven 
Is this a promise we keep or one we Break Like The Wind

We are the guests who have stayed too long
We are the end of the endless song
We send our hearts into the night soaring to heaven
And will out hearts still beat on or will they Break Like The Wind
Break Like The Wind

 Sex Farm

Working on a sex farm trying to raise some hard love
Getting out my pitch fork poking your hay
Scratching in your henhouse sniffing at your feedbag
Slipping out your backdoor leaving my spray
Sex farm woman I'm gonna mow you down
Sex farm woman I'll rake and mow you down
Sex farm woman don't you see my silo rising high

Working on a sex farm hosing down your barn door
Bothering your livestock they know what I need
Working up a hot sweat creatching in your pea patch
Plowing through your beanfield planting my seed
Sex farm woman I'll be your hired hand
Sex farm woman I'll let my offer stand
Sex farm woman don't you feel my tractor rumbling by

 Heavy Duty

No light fantastic ever crosses my mind
That meditation stuff can make you go blind
Just crank that volume to the point of pain
Why waste good music on a brain
Heavy duty rock 'n' roll
Brings out the duty in my soul

I see you dancing there in front of the band
You're playing your solos with no guitar in your hands
I don't call no punches, I wouldn't waste your time
And just 'cos it pays, that ain't no crime
Heavy duty rock 'n' roll
Brings out the duty in my soul

I don't need a woman, I won't take me no wife
I got the rock 'n' roll and that'll be my life
No page in history baby, that I don't need
I just wanna make some eardrums bleed
Heavy duty rock 'n' roll
Brings out the duty in my soul

No comments: