Followers

Wednesday 28 December 2022

James Gang Tribute EP

 The Bomber

When I became of age, my mama sat me down
She said you're growing up, it's time you looked around
So I began to notice some things I've never seen before
That's what brought me here knocking at your back door

A closet queen, a bus stop fiend it wants to shake my hand.
I don't want to be there, she decides she can
It's Apple Dan, he's just the man to pick fruit off your branches
I can't sleep and we can't keep this cattle off our ranches

It's too strong, something's wrong, I guess I lost the feeling
I don't mind the games you play, but I don't like you dealing
The cards looked bad, the luck's been had and there's nothing left to smoke
We'll all be back tomorrow for the punchline of the joke

Take A Look Around

You will never see me walking around feeling low
You will never hear, there goes a man who doesn't know
Too many roads to walk too many things to do
Too many words to talk moments too few

I don't think you know, though you've been told a million times
It's not clear to see unless you read in between the lines
Look out your window when did it start?
Nothing's for certain it's just a part

If you're feeling low and your world comes tumbling down
If you see hard times stop better take a look around
Good things must end they never last
Look to tomorrow forget the past

Lost Woman

Don't know where to run to, don't know where to hide
See my future coming, but I try to keep my pride
But I lost you, lost you woman
The only woman, woman who was my kind

She make me lose my money, she make me lose my name
After what ya done me I can only treat ya sane
But I lost you, lost you woman
The only woman, woman who was my kind

But if you come back, I won't be the same
After what you done me I can always treat ya sane
Because I lost you that woman only woman
Woman who was my kind

I Don't Have The Time

I don't have the time to play your silly games
Walk to work each morning, live within a frame
Now you're trying to tell me I should be like you
Watch your time, work nine to five, what good does it do?

I'm not fond of laughing with your shallow friends
I don't feel like changing just so I'll fit in
Things are more important than how you look or feel
Just cause I don't look like you don't mean I can't read

Spend some time and listen, think what you may think
Form your own opinion, find your missing link
Through the situation, you may find it's right
We must stick together, man's not made to fight

It's All The Same

A woman was by to see you she didn't leave a name
She told me that she loved you and she said it's all the same

She said she'd just been raining in meadows where you've been
She said she was a mirror for you and she wishes you'd look in

Though she didn't stay too long well, I didn't catch her name
She told me that she loved you she said it's all the same

The Devil Is Singing Our Song

Tonight the rain is crying on my windowpane
The clock is slowly chiming its lonely refrain
Tonight the cold wind blows through the screen that you didn't close
Tonight I swear the devil is singing our song

As black as never seen, some darkness tonight
Seem that it would be better to leave than fight
All this time that we had been wrong, fate was against us all along
Tonight I swear the devil is singing our song

Every time I see you it costs me another heartache
But it 's just too late for us I have to move along
Tonight I swear the devil is singing our song
Every time I see you it costs me another heartache
But it's just too late for us I have to move along
Tonight I swear the devil is singing our song

A cruel lonesome wind is howling through the trees
Even the dogs are barking at my knees
All this time that we have been wrong, fate was against us all along
Tonight I swear the devil is singing our song
Tonight I swear the devil is singing our song  can't you hear him singing
Tonight I swear the devil is singing our song tonight I swear the devil is singing our song
I swear I can hear him laughing at me tonight, I swear I hear him singing our song

No comments: