Followers

Friday 17 September 2021

Rancid Tribute EP

 Salvation

There's a neighborhood called Black Hawk where all the rich people hide
I was down on my luck working for the salvation army the shelter is where I reside
Everyday we drive into Black Hawk and we pick up the offerings
Microwave, refrigerator for the suffering
Come on won't you show me what you got I want your salvation

I can't believe these people live like kings hidden estates and diamond rings
I'm a rat out on a mission I'm in your front yard under suspicion
Come on won't you show me what you got I want your salvation

Time Bomb

If you wanna make the move then you better come in
It's just the ability to reason that wears so thin
Living and dying and the stories that are true
Secrets to a good life is knowing when you're through
Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac the boy's a time bomb

Well, he's back in the hole where they got him living
Like a rat but he's smarter than that nine lives
Like a cat 15 years old take him to the youth authority home
First thing you learn is that you got to make it in this world alone
Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac the boy's a time bomb

Now he's gotten out he's gotten free he's gotta go gotta car
21 years old he's runnin' numbers from the bar
His pager's beeping he's got in deep in
Whatever he can move on in you know that kid's a creeping
Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac the boy's a time bomb

Tears come from the razor that's been tattooed below
His eye his mother cries she knows that he is strong enough
To die he's rolling in the Cadillac it's midnight sunroof is down
Three shots rung out, the hero's dead, the new king is crowned.
Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac the boy's a time bomb

Ruby Soho

Echoes of reggae coming through my bedroom wall
Having a party up next door but I am sitting here all alone
Two lovers in the bedroom and the other starts to shout
All I got is this blank stare and that don't carry no clout at all
Destination unknown Ruby Soho

He's singing and she's there to lend a hand
He has seen his name on the marquee but she will never understand
Once again he's leaving and she's there with a tear in her eye
Embraces with a warm gesture it's time, time to say goodbye
Destination unknown Ruby Soho

Ruby's heart ain't beating because she knows the feeling is gone
She's not the only one who knew there's something wrong
Her lover's in the distance as she wipes a tear from her eye
Ruby's fading out, she disappears, it's time, time to say goodbye
Destination unknown Ruby Soho

Bloodclot

Well I'm a crazy upsetter driving me insane I'm a streetwise professor who am I to blame?
Now if you listen to the record do you feel the same well it don't get any better going backwards again
Swing your fists, whack stitches in the face fuck ups on me I feel sorry I work here
Never been like them with this society life protects me feeling the finality
Now my guns are blazing Bloodclot I can see 360
Now my guns are blazing pick it backup and start it all over again

Well I'm a bad motherfucker driving me insane 
So don't you even bother who am I to blame?
Because when I listen to the record do you feel the same?
And it don't get any better going backwards again
I read your words, I read your banner of hope well I kick my way in it seems to piss you all off
Well I try to shut the gates the walls are fading I climb from the depths of hell I'm escaping/unscathed
Now my guns are blazing Bloodclot I can see 360
Now my guns are blazing pick it backup and start it all over again
Bloodclot well I can see 360 I can see all around me well I can see 360

Hooligans

Here's the new face of rock-n'-roll it's about fighting toe to toe
Hard times come the hard times go when I say, come one, come all.
Well all the hooligans and bootboys know one thing for sure scars been stricken on their face
Well all the hooligans and bootboys know one thing for sure scars been stricken on their face

One man's decision brings another's opposition completely unbound.
Down on the flats where the seaside meets my lonely youngtown
Well all the rudies and skins well they're out on the streets making the way on the dole,
Between the bottles and sex they smash and they wreck for something to live
Well all the hooligans and bootboys know one thing for sure scars been stricken on their face.

Sometimes you know there's no place to go but to a long life of crime. but it's so wrong to steal,
Someone's very last meal to profit up a dime.
Your poe poes and greys well they end up in jail gonna swing the cowboys
Well you took a bite outta the apple of decision that got ya there
Well all the hooligans and bootboys know one thing for sure scars been stricken on their face
Well all the hooligans and bootboys know one thing for sure scars been stricken on their face
Hooligans and bootboys, I don't want no racial hatred

Black and white, who are portrayed without bias These are the people whose voice I want to be
I said the hooligans Rancid Bootboys Rancid Hooligans Rancid Bootboys Rancid
Well all the hooligans and bootboys know one thing for sure scars been stricken on their face
Well all the hooligans and bootboys know one thing for sure

Fall Back Down

Don't worry about me, I'm gonna make it alright got my enemies crossed out in my sight
I take a bad situation gonna make it right in the shadows of darkness I stand in the light
You see it's our style to keep it true I've had a bad year, a lot to go through
I've been knocked out, beat down, black and blue
She's not the one coming back for you she's not the one coming back for you
If I fall back down, you're gonna help me back up again
If I fall back down, you're gonna be my friend

It takes disaster to learn a lesson you're gonna make it through the darkest night
Some people betray one and cause treason we're gonna make everything alright
Well the worst of times, now, they don't phase me even if I look and act really crazy
I went way down, she betrayed me now my vision is no longer hazy
I'm very lucky to have my crew they stood by me when she flew
I've been knocked out, beat down, black and blue
She's not the one coming back for you she's not the one coming back for you
If I fall back down, you're gonna help me back up again
If I fall back down, you're gonna be my friend

No comments: