Followers

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Blondie Tribute EP

Hanging On The Telephone

I'm in the phone booth, it's the one across the hall
If you don't answer, I'll just ring it off the wall
I know he's there, but I just had to call
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone

I heard your mother now she's going out the door
Did she go to work or just go to the store
All those things she said, I told you to ignore
Why can't we talk again why can't we talk again why can't we talk again
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone

It's good to hear your voice, you know it's been so long
If I don't get your call then everything goes wrong
I want to tell you something you've known all along
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone

I had to interrupt and stop this conversation
Your voice across the line gives me a strange sensation
I'd like to talk when I can show you my affection
I can't control myself  I can't control myself  I can't control myself
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone

Heart Of Glass

Once I had a love and it was a gas soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Once I had a love and it was divine soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
In between what I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good you teasing like you do

Once I had a love and it was a gas soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Lost inside adorable illusion and I cannot hide
I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside
We could've made it cruising riding high on love's true bluish light

Once I had a love and it was a gas soon turned out I had a heart of glass
Once I had a love and it was a gas soon turned out to be a pain in the ass
Seemed like the real thing only to find mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
In between what I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good you teasing like you do

Union City Blue

What are we gonna do Union City Blue
Tunnel to the other side it becomes daylight I say he's mine
Power, passion plays a double hand Union City man
Arrive, climb up four flights to the orange side rearrange my mind

In turquoise Union City Blue skyline, passion, Union City Blue
Power, passion plays a double hand Union City man
I say he's mine I have a plan I say he's my Union City man
What are we gonna do Union City Blue

Maria

She moves like she don't care smooth as silk, cool as air it makes you wanna cry
She doesn't know your name and your heart beats like a subway train it makes you wanna die
Don't you wanna take her wanna make her all your own?
Maria, you've gotta see her go insane and out of your mind
Latina, Ave Maria a million and one candle lights

I've seen this thing before in my best friend and the boy next door fool for love and fool on fire
Won't come in from the rain she's oceans running down the drain blue as ice and desire
Don't you wanna make her don't you wanna take her home?
Maria, you've gotta see her go insane and out of your mind
Latina, Ave Maria a million and one candle lights

Don't you wanna break her don't you wanna take her home?
She walks like she don't care you wanna take her everywhere it makes you wanna cry
She's like a millionaire walking on imported air  it makes you wanna die
Maria, you've gotta see her go insane and out of your mind
Latina, Ave Maria a million and one candle lights

Atomic

Make me tonight tonight take it right
Make me tonight tonight tonight
Make it magnificent tonight right
Your hair is beautiful tonight Atomic
Tonight make it magnificent
Tonight make me tonight
Your hair is beautiful tonight Atomic

(I'm Always Touched) By Your Presence Dear

Was it destiny I don't know yet
Was it just by chance could this be Kismet?
Something in my consciousness told me you'd appear
Now I'm always touched by your presence dear

When we play at cards you use an extra sense
You can read my hand, I've got no defence
When you sent your messages whispered loud and clear
I am always touched by your presence dear

Floating past the evidence of possibilities we could navigate together, psychic frequencies
Coming into contact with outer entities we could entertain each one with our theosophies
Stay awake at night and count your R.E.M.'s when you're talking with your super friends
Levitating lovers in the secret stratosphere I am still in touch with your presence dear
I am still in touch with your presence dear I am still in touch with your presence dear

No comments: