Followers

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me A Bow Wow

I love my little cat, I do with soft black silky hair
It comes with me each day to school and sits upon the chair
When teacher says "why do you bring that little pet of yours?"
I tell her that I bring my cat along with me because

Daddy wouldn't buy me a bow-wow! bow wow!
Daddy wouldn't buy me a bow-wow! bow wow!
I've got a little cat and I'm very fond of that
But I'd rather have a bow-wow wow, wow, wow, wow

We used to have two tiny dogs such pretty little dears
But daddy sold 'em 'cause they used to bite each other's ears
I cried all day, at eight each night Papa sent me to bed
When Ma came home and wiped my eyes I cried again and said

I'll be so glad when I get old to do just as I "likes"
I'll keep a parrot and at least a half a dozen tykes
And when I've got a tiny pet I'll kiss the little thing
Then put it in its little cot and on to it I'll sing

No comments: