Followers

Wednesday 12 June 2019

I'M HENERY THE EIGHTH, I AM

You don't know who you're looking at now have a look at me
I'm a bit of a nob I am belong to Royalty
I'll tell you how it came about I married widow Burch
And I was King of England when I toddled out of church
Outside the people started shouting, “Hip hooray”
Said I, “Get down upon your knees its Coronation Day.

I'm Henery the eighth I am, Henery the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
Everyone was a Henery she wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam
I'm her eighth old man named Henry, I'm Henery the eighth I am.”

I left the Duke of Cumberland a pub up in the town
Soon with one or two moochers I was holding up the Crown
I sat upon the bucket that the car men think their own
Surrounded by my subjects I was sitting on the throne
Out came the potman saying, “Go on home to bed”
Said I, “Now say another word and off'll go your head.

Now at the waxworks exhibition not so long ago
I was sitting among the Kings I made a lovely show
To good old Queen Elizabeth I shouted, “Wotcha Liz!”
While people poked my ribs and said, “I wonder who this is?”
One said, “Its Charlie Peace.” and then I got the spike
I shouted, “Show your ignorance!” as waxy as you like.

No comments: