Followers

Wednesday 5 June 2019

A Little Of What You Fancy Does You Good

I never was a one to go and stint myself if I like a thing, I like it, that's enough
But there's lots of people say that if you like a thing a lot it'll grow on you and all that sort of stuff
Now I like my drop of stout as well as anyone but a drop of stout‘s supposed to make you fat
And there's many a lar-di-dar-di madam doesn't dare to touch it “Cos she mustn't spoil her figure silly cat.

I always hold in having it if you fancy it if you fancy it, that's understood
And suppose it makes you fat I don't worry over that
A little of what you fancy does you good.

Now, once a year I like a little holiday and we've always had one, my old man and me
But the last time that we had one he brings up a new idea as we watched the ladies bathing in the sea
He said what a man requires is a change of everything so he ought to take his holidays alone
Right away from everyday affairs, so I said “Very likely well if you prefer a fortnight on your own.

I had to catch a certain train the other day and I very nearly lost it, I declare
But the guard said, “Jump in Missus” Then he shoved me in a first and I found a nice young couple sitting there
I could see that honeymoon was stamped all over ‘em I felt sorry for the lady and the chap
So I said to them “Excuse me, but if you want to have a cuddle
Have a cuddle ‘cos I'm going to have a nap.

No comments: