Followers

Monday 11 November 2013

How To Deal With Nasty People

"Wow, I didn't realize it mattered so much to you. I'm sorry my comment made things worse. I'll think through my request and check back with you later."
"I see you're having a bad day. I'm sorry about that; I hope things will improve tomorrow for you and I hope I didn't add to the troubles. I'll see you later."
"I am glad you have aired your feelings about this. I am in a better position to understand your concerns now. I don't necessarily agree with your take on it but I am going to go away and think about what you've said now."
"I'm sorry? I'm a what? That's a first for me and I've been called many things under the sun! Never mind, I'm in a hurry, we'll sort out this mess later, bye!"
"I understand that this/my comment has upset you and I can see why you have reacted this way. Let's talk about it another time when I've had a chance to think about my words/thoughts on this matter."
"Well, thanks for making your side of things so clear. I'll know better next time. Bye!"
(For the angry retailer you're not likely to meet again) "I can tell that you don't think that this broken/useless item/service is your problem but it certainly isn't mine. I would like a refund or the manager, and I am not discussing the matter any further with you."

No comments: