Followers

Monday 4 December 2023

Motorhead Tribute EP 4

 When The Sky Comes Looking For You

What are you going to do now out in the lonely times
How will you ever get through now remembering all of your crimes
What will you do, what will you do, who do you think would attempt a rescue
Dreaming, screaming, knocked right out of your shoes
Who would you blame, who could you sue if the sky came looking for you

How are you gonna live now out in the lonely fields
What do you have to give now I wonder how do you feel
What will you say, what will you say, what will you say when God turns away
Running, jumping, praying it wasn't true
How would you look, without a clue when the sky comes looking for you

Looks like the same old story looks like the same old game
Don't think you're bound for glory I think you might be insane
What do you think, what do you think, what do you think with your nerves on the bring
Dogging, weaving, trying to find a way through
Gonna be bad whatever you do when the sky comes looking for you

Bye Bye Bitch Bye Bye

You don't know me baby but I know you so well,
Tried to make a fool of me, tried to ring my bell.
Sneaking round behind my back didn't make me cry,
But I'm gonna have my sweet revenge; pay back all your lies.
Gonna make a fool of you, watch out.
Make your life a misery; make you shut your mouth.
Gonna tell a tale on you, make your blue eyes cry,
And then you know we're truly through, bye bye bitch, bye bye.

You know all the reasons and I know all their names,
Trying to keep secrets babe ain't your strongest game.
Running round this city, running outta tales,
I'm gonna make you sorry honey, I'm gonna make you wail.
Gonna be a sad day for you soon.
Make your life a mockery, twist you out of tune.
Gonna do some work on you and only you know why,
And then it's time to say ‘so long', bye bye bitch, bye bye.

You don't know a goddamn thing about the real world,
Here's a short sharp lesson, and I mean every word.
You tell me that you love me but I'm just some other fool,
So bite the bullet, eat your words, I'll teach you the rules.
Gonna make a fool of you, watch out.
Make your life a misery; make you shut your mouth.
Gonna tell a tale on you, make your blue eyes cry,
Then you know it's adios, bye bye bitch, bye bye.

Deaf Forever

Stoneface dog, swirling fog, gates open on the dark dark night
Standing stone, skull and bone, dead witness to an unseen fight
Beat the drum, beat the drum, beat forever on the endless march
Stricken dumb, cut and run, someone is screaming and the sky is dark
Sword and shield, bone and steel, rictus grin deaf forever to the battles din

March or croak, flame and smoke, burn forever in eternal pain
Charge and fall, bugle call, bone splinter in the driving rain
Horses scream, Viking dream, drowned heroes in a lake of blood
Armoured fist, severed wrist, broken spears in a sea of mud
Sword and shield, bone and steel, rictus grin deaf forever to the battles din

Mother earth, mother earth enfold you in her cold embrace
Sinking down, killing ground, worm crawling on your cold white face
Win or lose, nought to choose, all men are equal when their memory fades
No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave
Sword and shield, bone and steel, rictus grin deaf forever to the battles din

 Death Or Glory

I saw the millions, the naked and the dead I saw the city streets running bloody red
I saw a thousand bombers circle in the sky I saw the firestorm fifty stores high
I saw a hundred thousand scream and burn I saw the armored wheels grind and turn
Universal soldier, doomed to live to tell fight and die forever, burn in bloody hell
Death or Glory, Death or Glory march forever in the sound and fury
Death or Glory, Death or Glory blood and iron it's the same old story

I held the Iron Cross, first class with the swords I marched with Hitler down the bloody road to war
I was at Jutland loading until the gun was hot, killed at Trafalgar without firing a shot
I was at Moscow, burning in my tank I was at Shiloh, marching in the ranks
I was a Sturmbannfuhrer fighting in Berlin I was a Russian Hero dying for Stalin
Death or glory, Death or glory march forever in the sound and fury
Death or glory, Death or glory blood and iron it's the same old story

I swung a saber and I was a young Hussar I was a Cossack, fighting for the Czar
I was a Viking, Berserker from the North a Roman Gladiator murdered just for sport
I was with Bonaparte I died at Waterloo I was a Frankish Knight, a Polish Jew
I was a Spartan in the Trojan Wars I was a warrior for Crazy Horse
Death or Glory, Death or Glory march forever in the sound and fury
Death or Glory, Death or Glory The Loner Survivor but no comfort for me
Death or Glory, Death or Glory Executioner, Judge and Jury
Death or Glory, Death or Glory blood and iron it's the same old story

Voices From The War

Where do all the dead men go from the battlefields?
Where are their exploded bones their useless swords and shields?
In the Hall of Ancient gods are they now at piece,
Or are they fighting evermore to earn their last release?
Midgard, Heaven, Kingdom Come are they all the same
Fallen heroes warriors the valiant the slain
Did they believe or did they die in vain?
Immortal dead, fathers and sons when all is said and all is done,
Running for your life, dying for the cause
Pawns in the game voices from the war.

The men they march away to fight their fate is never clean
They never all come home again to tell of what they've seen
In the battles bloody fury is the verdict just?
Executioner, judge and jury forgotten in the dust.
Valhalla Happy hunting ground are they all the same
Fallen heroes, warriors the valiant the slain.
Did they believe or did they die ashamed?
Immortal dead, brothers and sons all is said, all is done
Fighting to the death what did they do it for?
Soldiers of the cross voices from the war.

And so you unearth a sense of futility in your miserable life,
And after all why are you surprised,
You know nothing nor care to know anything,
And so the world is going to fuck with you.
Dead heroes who fell in countless wars,
Who gave their tommorrows for your today mean nothing to you,
And I am certain that they are truly sorry for their sacrifice.
So if you feel that the world is treating you badly just remember,
They're probably coming back from the dead to haunt you,
For the rest of your putrid, fucking life.

The battlefields are silent now the graves all look the same
The crosses without number and so many without names
In the battles misery drowned in blood and fear.
A hundred hundred thousand for a hundred thousand years
Are they in a better place, or do they lie unclaimed,
The heroes, the deserters, the cowardly, the shamed
Did they know or did they die insane?
Mourn for the lost, stolen from their lives,
Gone before their time no chance to say goodbye,
Fighting to the death how could they be so sure?
Voices from the grave voices from the war.

No comments: