Followers

Wednesday 30 August 2023

Ihsahn Tribute EP

 Will You Love Me Now?

One great man was silent of his superiority.
He was openly flattered and hated silently.
Another spoke of his will to aspire to create beyond himself
And the self-inflicted impotent man felt spat at by all ambition.
The solitary pierced the skin of denial and the blood would colour the sky.
A futile display to those whose heads are always turned towards the ground.
Staring into the mud into the heart of emptiness
Where they squirm desperately like wing-clipped flies.
And the whining parasite man to whom pity and gloating are the same.
This spineless parody of man will devour even himself in secrecy.

Will you love me now you, whose feeling of dignity is a matter of subtraction?
Will you love me now that I have revealed your unnakedness?
Will you love me now you whose perception of justice equals your will to corrupt?
Will you love me when I cut through all the layers of your vanity?
Will you love me now you, who cling to a heart so fragile
Even your gods must suffer for you could you love truth?
Could you love truth even in secrecy?

And they gathered in their halls of justice halls of mirrors halls of echoes.
And they gathered in their houses of worship within the walls of the unspoken
Shelter from the rain

Misanthrope

Bring me my wine and the head of the world I will drink to her demise
The subtle art of decapitation the perfect irony of such an end
Bring me the flesh of your sin and repentance display the worlds delights
This last meal my righteous friend I serve Thee cold

Now lift your cup in celebration indulge your lips I do insist drink up drink up
Long ago I grew deaf to the echoes of my footsteps
Long ago I grew blind to the world through your eyes
I overcame the bleak destiny of your lead filled convictions
I prevailed and now I soar relentlessly beyond the north
In my ascension I scorn the eye of envy and he who flies is hated most of all
I celebrate the distance over which you spill your grief
By your belief you waste your tears on a liar and a thief

How could you ever be just towards me I choose your injustice as my portion
Now for the grand finale you will be protagonist
This tragedy you did inspire crucifixion with a twist
Bring me my wine and the head of the world I will drink to her demise
For this last meal my righteous friend I serve Thee cold

 My Heart Is Of The North

I have felt the hunger the restless howling call,
To lift my gaze across the seas and seek out foreign shores
Yet, for all riches they may bring forth,
The undeniable remains; My heart is of the North

Beyond horizons there is kinship to be found
The challenger of summits is by no direction bound
Still, untouchable are those who hold my soul
For them the fire burns and our enemy shall truly know the cold

And should my spirit soften like snow in early spring
Or waver in the sultry haze that soothing summers bring
Engage the compass of my heart all arrows drawn to N
When night falls on my journey and my path comes to an end take me north again

Crooked Red Line

Stranded at the borders of perception
Onto a blackened heaven, washed ashore
In voluntary exile from deception
A peaceful mind, alas, a heart at war

A solitary voyager upon uncharted land
Left beaten on the rock, nowhere to go
But to face an arctic map and with a cold and bloody hand
Draw a crooked line through ice and snow

Across the callous fields and valleys deep
Through winter storms towards the mountains high
He carved a path and from the summit laughed
Into the unforgiving northern sky

He came here clinging to a wreckage
Only guided by the violence of the sea
But not content to merely stay afloat
He built a ship from memories and debris

Where You Are Lost And I Belong

A tranquil silence echoes through the blackness stumbling away each step a fall
Into another void the ever endless fluctuating centre of it all
I've seen you here before I couldn't reach you
We spoke the truth with bleeding, cut out tongues
And turned our backs to all the roads we ever knew
In this maze where you are lost and I belong

A gallery of aeons lie in pieces spread like ashes over Babylon
Where the quest of orphan martyrs ceases when they find the gods they loved are gone
I've seen you here before I couldn't reach you
We spoke the truth with bleeding, cut out tongues
And turned our backs to all we ever knew
In this maze where you are lost and I belong

In Rites Of Passage

The room fell still, submerged by time the chatter drowned in liquid hours
If ever words were obsolete the vibrant air would speak
There is conduct like honour among thieves
There is grace within the fearful eyes of those who seek
And we know we know so well the endgame of our presence
Instinctively we throw ourselves into these rites of passage

The paths to where we might belong are riddles in a long forgotten tongue
And these sentiments we share unspoken violence suspended in the air
This is how our eyes could never meet strangers by a monument of hope
In silent hours, you have known my name but none of us could ever be the same
I could cut you open with a word let your blood run down into the soil
If only for a moment to be free complete with me in rites of passage

No comments: