Followers

Sunday 24 July 2022

MD45 Tribute EP

 Day The Music Died

Maybe you might have heard but no one spoke a word
The day the planet cried the day the music died
Each day another dream killed by the music scene
All access was denied the day the music died

We paid for everything but back not a single thing
Our talents were all sucked dry the day the music died
We saw it on T.V. in all the magazines
We thought the news had lied the day the music died

This is make believe this is not for real
This won't last forever this won't last at all

Eliminate the scene it's illegal now to sing
Outlaws ask the reasons why the day the music died
Now imprisoned for my craft I smile and have to laugh
In my head the music's still alive the day the music died

As all our hopes were dashed seems that all our throats were slashed
How could all our songs survive the day the music died
Greedy fat bureaucrats care only for sales and stats
Woke up with dollar signs in their eyes the day the music died

Nothing Is Something

Dig in the trash, there's nothing to eat
Sores on my tongue, sores on my feet
Open the fridge, there's only pickles and beer
Breakfast of champions, only things served in here

Nothing is something I'll get some today
Nothing is something I'm wasting away
Nothing is something my life's in decay
Nothing is something

Going to a party, to look for my friends
I know I ain't got none, hell I can always pretend
Everyone will be there, where the girls go
I don't know where it is and I don't know where to go
Things I do, decisions I make
My life story's a comic book, that explains the way I look

The Creed

From the dust of which I came to dust I return again
From my mother I am torn with my brothers off the war
We escape before the dawn try to outrun the sun
Take my own life in my hands fearing God but never man

Take my ancient hand, look me in the eye
Looking past the lines soon you'll see as I
You are young if you want you could be old if you try
I can show you how to live but you can't show me how to die

As the sun stalks the sky I am not afraid to die
My ear upon the ground for the iron horse's sound
Encircle glowing rocks one by one each chieftain talks
Tales of yore and bravest deeds coveting their warrior creed

My hands will bridge the distance of beginning to the end
The time for learning ceases it was all wasted and spent
From witch doctor to shaman, Kachina doll to chief
The spirit knows what ails you, you beg for its relief
All that I know, all that I say, my heart beats and my pulse drums
Out tribal rhythms pounding through the sky

Designer Behavior

Don't wanna talk about it don't wanna read about it
Don't wanna hear about it don't wanna see about it
Something's funny about a medical physician
Me lying on my back is his favorite position
Designer behavior with paxil, and valium
Even you can stomach prozac and lithium

Remember "Ozzie And Harriet"?
Remember "The Stepford Wives"?
Remember "Father Knows Best"?
Remember "I Love Lucy"?

A product of design back to the drawing board
Gotta be insane to fit in if not you'll be ignored
You take apart my brain but you couldn't make the pieces fit
Then give me happy pills there's pieces left you idiot

 Roadman

All I need's a highway sign to destinate my life
Play all night and drive all day, my job, and it's my wife
Once you get to going, there ain't no turning round
Across the U.S.A. and back again to give the people sounds

And when the party's over and we done all that we can
I find out what time's check out time
Get up and get back in the van, I'm Roadman

Every night is Friday night, same show different day
Tomorrow we'll be headed down the road, and on our way
Tomorrow we'll be headed down the road, and on our way

Voices

Locked in battle hardened deep despair and doubt
A gaggle of grenades with all the pins pulled out
A dog bit my hand, I'm crawling on the ground
Asking for some help, but no one ever comes
Walking in a nightmare, please turn on the light
I hear the strangest sounds, can anyone hear them?
I hear them

Hit my head on the wall, till my keepers come
Protect me from myself, off to the quiet room
Weird specters ride the air, I know I can't be wrong
I see and hear them too, can anyone else hear them?
I hear them

No comments: