Followers

Wednesday 3 November 2021

Simply Red Tribute EP

 Holding Back The Years

Holding back the years thinking of the fear I've had so long
When somebody hears listen to the fear that's gone
Strangled by the wishes of pater hoping for the arms of mater
Get to me the sooner or later
I'll keep holding on I'll keep holding on

Holding back the years chance for me to escape from all I've known
Holding back the tears because nothing here has grown
I've wasted all my tears wasted all those years
And nothing had the chance to be good nothing ever could
I'll keep holding on I'll keep holding on
I'll keep holding on I'll keep holding on so tight

I've wasted all my tears wasted all of those years
And nothing had the chance to be good because nothing ever could
I'll keep holding on I'll keep holding on
I'll keep holding on I'll keep holding on
That's all I have today it's all I have to say

If You Don't Know Me By Now

If you don't know me by now
You will never never never know me

All the things that we've been through
You should understand me like I understand you
Now  I know the difference between right and wrong
I ain't gonna do nothing to break up our happy home
Don't get so excited when I come home a little late at night
Because we only act like children when we argue fuss and fight

We've all got our own funny moods I've got mine, you've got yours too
Just trust in me like I trust in you as long as we've been together it should be so easy to do
Just get yourself together or we might as well say goodbye
What good is a love affair when you can't see eye to eye

Stars

Anyone who ever held you would tell you the way I'm feeling
Anyone who ever wanted you would try to tell you what I feel inside
The only thing I ever wanted was the feeling that you ain't faking
The only one you ever thought about wait a minute can't you see that I
I wanna fall from the stars straight into your arms
I feel you I hope you comprehend

For the man who tried to hurt you he's explaining the way I'm feeling
For all the jealousy I caused you states the reason why I'm trying to hide
As for all the things you taught me it sends my future into clearer dimensions
You'll never know how much you hurt me stay a minute, can't you see that
I wanna fall from the stars straight into your arms
I feel you I hope you comprehend

Too many hearts are broken a lover's promise never came with a maybe
So many words are left unspoken the silent voices are driving me crazy
After all the pain you caused me making up could never be your intention
You'll never know how much you hurt me stay, can't you see that I
I wanna fall from the stars straight into your arms
I feel you I hope you comprehend

Fairground

Driving down an endless road taking friends or moving alone
Pleasure at the fairground on the way
It's always friends that feel so good let's make amends like all good men should
Pleasure at the fairground on the way
Walk around, be free and roam there's always someone leaving alone
Pleasure at the fairground on the way
And I love the thought of coming home to you even if I know we can't make it
I love the thought of giving hope to you just a little ray of light shining through

Love can bend and breathe alone until the end it finds you a home
Don't care what the people may say
It's always friends that feel so good let's make amends like all good men should
Pleasure at the fairground on the way
And I love the thought of coming home to you even if I know we can't make it
I love the thought of giving hope to you just a little ray of light shining through

Words For Girlfriends

Do I feel jealousy when you're free without me maybe
Do I feel that my love will stay with you forever hopefully
In memoriam of my lovers will you sleep with me forever most certainly I never did doubt you
You surround yourself with trinkets like they're meaningful possessions,
Like some squirrel in the garden with expensive permutations save me
They'll outlive you in the end will be your final realisation most certainly I never did doubt you
Words for girlfriends parading as songs to be living with songs, yet without you
Words for girlfriends parading as songs though I never ever really did doubt you

As we search our lives forever for perfection in relations, ladies
I can dream of love and scheme of love with all its complications shakily
Ideals are fine for beauty but for love they fool relations most certainly I never did doubt you
Words for girlfriends parading as songs to be living with songs, yet without you
Words for girlfriends parading as songs though I never ever really did doubt you

As we search our lives forever for perfection in relations ladies
I can dream of love and scheme of love with all its complications they're just words, only words

The Death Of The Cool

My shyness, my misunderstood my misunderstanding
My destiny is grounded, by confounding weights
As Hollywood greats inspire me to keep my body whole
Since I've been the master of low expectations
Aren't you humans supposed to look like me?
Quotes like buddy I blew you up then gave you a band aid
Pseudo spiritual kebababallah's we can all be fooled
It's the death of the cool the death of the cool

We got fakirs, false prophets and fools and phoney saint saviours
Fame's pick me up gets drowned in pop's twinkle and dreams torn at the seams
It can leave you with nothing left at all
Since we're the believers with tall expectations
Can't you humans come have a laugh with me?
Quotes like buddy I screwed you up, made you the new slave
The fastest growing guru in the marketplace of happiness we can all be saved
Buddy I blew you up, gave you a band aid"
Do you really need to learn to be a human we can all be shamed
Its the death of the cool the death of the cool

Quotes like buddy I blew you up, gave you a condom
Do you really need to learn to save a human we could all be blamed
Buddy I blew you up the death of the cool

No comments: