Followers

Wednesday 17 November 2021

Iron Maiden Tribute EP II

The Red And The Black

The morals of life and the perils of death take the wrong way out, running out of breath
Meet my match in the afterlife suppress the demons that plague the night
A tortured mind is a safe place to go but the truth lurks down in the dark below
Step inside my inquisitive mind are you scared at what you just might find?
See myself in the hall of mirrors a different shape every step I take
A different mind every step of the line but in the end they are all mine
Laughing sorrow inside your head can't get out, just a feeling of dread
I know this burden is a heavy load a dark mistake, never ending road

The black jack king and the red queen clash the artful dodger, he counts his stash
The joker's wild like an impish child while Madame Fortune, she waits inside
The good luck charm is overkill the tired old soldier says fire at will
Planes overhead go search, destroy the ones below human decoy
I need somebody to save me

Meanwhile we play the waiting game the clock is struck, the horse is lame
And when we think that this is done chance your luck a four leafed one
You hedge your bets, the battle lost to wait in vain and count the cost
The thin edged line between good and bad and cast the luck, be happy, sad
I need somebody to save me

The red and the black people don't want the truth
Look in their eyes and you send them away
The red and the black fate and hypocrisy
Burden's a heavy load there is no doubt
The red and the black all out of luck again
How many chances can anyone have?
The red and the black treachery out to win
There in the wrong place and at the wrong time
I need somebody to save me

Rainmaker

When I was wandering in the desert and was searching for the truth
I heard a choir of angels calling out my name
I had the feeling that my life would never be the same again
I turned my face towards the barren sun

And I know of the pain that you feel the same as me
And I dream of the rain as it falls upon the leaves
And the cracks in our lives like the cracks upon the ground
They are sealed and are now washed away

You tell me we can start the rain
You tell me that we all can change
You tell me we can find something to wash the tears away
You tell me we can start the rain
You tell me that we all can change
You tell me we can find something to wash the tears

And I know of the pain that you feel the same as me
And I dream of the rain as it falls upon the leaves
And the cracks in the ground like the cracks are in our lives
They are sealed and now far away

The Angel And The Gambler

Roll of the dice take a spin of the wheel out of your hands now so how do you feel?
But you're not gonna win you'd better go back again do you feel lucky or do you feel scared?
Take what luck brings and be Devil may care
But you're down on your luck what will the next day bring?
Adrift on the ocean afloat in a daydream or lost in a maze or blind in the haze
So what does it matter so why don't you answer so why did you send an angel to mend?

Best make decisions before it's too late take all your chances take hold of the reins
A roll of the dice ahead of the game again nothing to lose but so much to gain
A little danger it goes without saying but what do you care you're gonna go in the end
Gate open to heaven is ready and waiting or straight down to hell can go there as well
I'll suffer my craving my soul's not worth saving so why don't you go just leave well alone
Don't you think I'm a saviour
Don't you think I could save you
Don't you think I could save your life

There's like a hunger that knocks on your door you've had a taste of it still you want more
You've made your mistakes won't play it the same again you have been warned
But still you plunge in you play high stakes but there's nothing to win
You've only one life and so many things to learn
The angel on one side the devil the other which path do you take decisions to make
Arrive at the crossroads you know where you're going and what if you wait it may be too late
Don't you think I'm a saviour
Don't you think I could save you
Don't you think I could save your life

Alexander The Great

My son ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee

Near to the east in a part of ancient Greece in an ancient land called Macedonia
Was born a son to Philip of Macedon the legend his name was Alexander
At the age of nineteen He became the Macedon King and he swore to free all of Asia Minor
By the Aegean Sea in 334 B.C. He utterly beat the armies of Persia
Alexander the Great his name struck fear into hearts of men
Alexander the Great became a legend amongst mortal men

King Darius the third defeated fled Persia The Scythians fell by the river Jaxartes
Then Egypt fell to the Macedon King as well and he founded the city called Alexandria
By the Tigris river He met King Darius again and crushed him again in the battle of Arbela
Entering Babylon and Susa, treasures he found took Persepolis the capital of Persia
Alexander the Great his name struck fear into hearts of men
Alexander the Great became a God amongst mortal men

A Phrygian King had bound a chariot yoke and Alexander cut the Gordian Knot
And legend said that who untied the knot He would become the master of Asia
Hellenism he spread far and wide the Macedonian learned mind
Their culture was a western way of life He paved the way for Christianity
Marching on, marching on the battle weary marching side by side
Alexander's army line by line they wouldn't follow him to India
Tired of the combat, pain and the glory
Alexander the Great his name struck fear into hearts of men
Alexander the Great He died of fever in Babylon

Sign Of The Cross

Eleven saintly shrouded men silhouettes stand against the sky
One in front with a cross held high come to wash my sins away
Standing alone in the wind and rain feeling the fear that is growing
Sensing the change in the tide again brought by the storm that is brewing
Feel the anxiety hold off the fear some of the doubts in the things you believe
Now that your faith will be put to the test nothing to do but await what is coming

Why then is God still protecting me even when I don't deserve it
Though I am blessed with an inner strength some they would call it a penance
Why am I meant to face this alone asking the question time and again
Praying to God won't keep me alive inside my head feel the fear start to rise
They'll be saying their prayers when the moment comes
There'll be penance to pay when it's judgement day
And the guilty'll bleed when that moment comes
They'll be coming to claim, take your soul away
The sign of the cross the name of the rose 
A fire in the sky the sign of the cross

They'll be coming to bring the eternal flame they'll be bringing us all immortality
Holding communion so the world be blessed my creator, my God'll lay my soul to rest
The sign of the cross the name of the rose 
A fire in the sky the sign of the cross
Lost the love of heaven above chose the lust of the earth below
Eleven saintly shrouded men came to wash my sins away

These Colours Don't Run

It's the same in every country when you say you're leaving
Left behind the loved ones waiting silent in the hall
Where you're going lies adventure others only dream of
Red and green light this is real and so you go to war

For the passion, for the glory for the memories, for the money
You're a soldier, for your country what's the difference, all the same
Far away from the land of our birth we fly a flag in some foreign earth
We sailed away like our fathers before these colours don't run from cold bloody war

Here is no one that will save you going down in flames
No surrender certain death you look it in the eye
On the shores of tyranny you crashed the human wave
Paying for my freedom with your lonely unmarked graves

No comments: