Followers

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Fu Manchu Tribute EP

Mongoose

Look inside the day started right
A back road in a dirt town lives all time
Slowly turns signals high what happens next all time
The mongoose flies

Removed from the times event for the eyes
Midday they gathered one by one all time
The story lies behind the mongoose flies on by
Out on the street they ride the mongoose flies on by

King Of The Road

The universal eyes tell me where to go white line moving slow
Million miles an hour headfirst and alone all I got is tuck and roll
All through my head it's happening over again under forty over is U.F.O.
Hell bent stacked in rows the galaxy is lined with hundreds more
Small town you bet we're sure all through my head it's happening over again
As the day is long they keep movin' on

Laughing at the notion of a signal light knew we'd gone too far
No one knew what happened but it seemed alright we quickly jumped in the car
All through my head it's happening over again
King of the Road says you move too slow

The Bargain

You shook the override why'd I get this far this time
A ton of more I mean riding hell and the mile this time I see
Drift machine ago it's one you'll never know

An hour lates too soon surround the stop right through
A sound far too long explode, fail and see going to and I'm gone
Drift machine ago it's one you'll never know

Take It Away

You obey the rules and you play the fool as the others benefit
Walls close in as we begin alone is where you'll sit
Another place, another time heard it all before
Laugh out loud, the ones around time to even the score

I pray for the day someone takes this away
And I say so long, so long, again and again
I pray for the day someone takes this away
And I say so long, I say so long, again and again

Stay inside, count the times doors open wide
I think you'll see what the others mean others disagree
Taking less as you regret the ties severed clean
Hands extend, nearing the end exactly what it means

Anxiety Reducer

Transported miles from my home replicate things that you know
Half life automation on repeat as a voice came on the fifty foot high screen
No reaction and no sign there's no time to rectify
Anxiety reducer no one else around
Anxiety reducer you'll never touch the ground

So called human fiber recognized a struggle, willing blow from inside
Calculate your footsteps second lifetime reborn on the day everything has died
No reaction and no sign there's no time to rectify
Anxiety reducer no one else around
Anxiety reducer you'll never touch the ground

Breathing Fire

The motor burns it slow gas-hog flying on its own
I could tell by the glow the sign says Dead End we saw it up ahead
It took all day to get this far no turning back my friend
Breathing Fire still got a way to go

Eastbound Ohio late model GTO sunsets as I close my eyes all systems go!
We never thought this day would end night closes in
We hear the all familiar sound no turning back my friend
Breathing Fire still got a way to go

No comments: