Followers

Thursday 1 October 2020

Only Fools & Horses/Down To Margate

Only Fools & Horses

Stick a pony in me pocket I'll fetch the suitcase from the van
Because if you want the best ones and you don't ask questions then brother I'm your man
Where it all comes from is a mystery
It's like the changing of the seasons and the tides of the sea
But here is the one that is driving me berserk
Why do only fools and horses work

We've got some half price cracked ice and miles and miles of carpet tiles
TV's, deep freeze and David Bowie LP's
Pool games, gold chains, what his names and at a push
Some Trevor Francis tracksuits from a mush in Shepherds Bush

No income tax, no VAT no money back, no guarantee
Black or white, rich or broke we'll cut prices at a stroke
God bless Hooky Street viva Hooky Street
Long live Hooky Street C'est magnifique Hooky Street
Magnifique Hooky Street

Down To Margate

Well, I'll be working hard to reach me target,
To earn a few bob for a day trip down to Margate.
I'm gonna blow the lot tomorrow on all me family,
We catch the coach at eight so don't be late, we're off to see the sea.

Don't forget your buckets and spades and cossies and all.
Down to Margate,
We'll have a pill of jellied eels at the cockle stall.
We'll go on the pier and we'll have a beer at the side of the sea.
Down to Margate,
You can keep the costa Brava,
I'm telling you mate, I'd rather have a day down Margate with all me family.
You can keep the costa Brava and all that palava
Have a day down Margate with all my family




No comments: