Followers

Monday 5 October 2020

Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby/I Love To Singa

 Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby

I got a gal who's always late any time we have a date
But I love her yes, I love her
I'm gonna walk right up to her gate and see if I can get it straight
Because I want her I'm gonna ask her
Is you is or is you ain't my baby the way you're acting lately makes me doubt
Youse is still my baby, baby seems my flame in your heart's done gone out

A woman is a creature that has always been strange
Just when you're sure of one you'll find she's gone and made a change
Is you is or is you ain't my baby maybe baby's found somebody new
Or is my baby still my baby true
Is you is or is you ain't my baby maybe baby's found somebody new
Or is my baby still my baby true

I Love To Singa

I love to sing-a about a moon-a and a June-a and a spring-a,
I love to sing-a, about a sky of blue-a, and a tea for two-a,
Anything-a with a swing-a, or a "I love you-a, "I love, I love to sing!
Give me a song-a about a son-a gun that went and done her wrong-a.
But keep it clean-a, by a cottage small-a with a waterfall-a,
Any sob-a that will throb-a to a bluebird's call-a, I love, I love to sing!

I was born a singing fool-a, Ol' Major Bowes is gonna spot me,
Got through Yale with boula-boula,old microphone's got me!
I love to sing-a, I love to wake up with the south-a in my mouth-a,
And wave a flag-a, with a cheer for Uncle Sammy and another for my mammy, I love to sing!
The swingingest, hot singingest,bell-ringingest, song singingest
High tootinest, sky tootinest, I love to sing!

No comments: