Followers

Monday 5 October 2020

Motherless Child Blues/Yoyo Blues No 2

Motherless Child Blues

If I mistreat you gal, I sure don't mean no harm.
If I mistreat you gal, I sure don't mean no harm.
I'm a motherless child, and I don't know right from wrong.
Please tell me pretty mama, honey where you stay last night?
Tell me, pretty mama, honey where you stay last night?
You didn't come home 'til the sun was shining bright.

I have to go so far, to get my hambones boiled.
I have to go so far, gal, to get my hambones boiled.
These Atlanta women, won't let my hambones boiled.
I done done more for you, than your daddy ever done.
I did more for you gal, than you daddy ever done.
I give you my jelly, he ain't gives you none.

When you see two women, always running hand in hand.
When you see two women, always running hand in hand.
You can bet your bottom dollar, one's got the other one's man.
I'm going to the river, get me a tangled rocking chair.
I'm going to the river, get me a tangled rocking chair.
If the blues overtake me, I'm gonna rock away from there.

Yo Yo Blues No 2

Mr conductor : let me ride your train
I want to play your yo play your yo : play your yo‑yo again
You don't let me on : I'm going to ride the blinds
You wants to yo‑yo Bob : but you know this train you know this train ain't mine
I know a man : his age was fifty‑four
He didn't do nothing : but play with his yo play with his yo‑yo
I like to yo‑yo : both night and day
Some folks say it's hard work : but me it's famous me it's famous play

You may be blue : and way down in the depths
Go play your yo‑yo : your yo‑yo your little yo‑yo will help
When you hear them yelling : up and down the hall
Don't get uneasy : they's playing yo‑yo playing yo‑yo that's all

I got a gal : she sure is big and fat
Let's yo‑yo Bob : because it's tight because it's tight like that
I'm just a traveler : I've got to leave this squat
You want to yo‑yo mama : call on Barbecue call on Barbecue Bob

No comments: