Followers

Saturday 16 September 2023

Smash Mouth Tribute EP

 Walking On The Sun

It ain't no joke, I'd like to buy the world a toke
And teach the world to sing in perfect harmony
And teach the world to snuff the fires and the liars
I know it's just a song but it's spice for the recipe
This is a love attack, I know it went out but it's back
It's just like any fad, it retracts before impact
And just like fashion it's a passion for the with-it and hip
If you got the goods they'll come and buy it just to stay in the clique

So don't delay, act now, supplies are running out
Allow, if you're still alive, six to eight years to arrive
And if you follow, there may be a tomorrow
But if the offer's shunned you might as well be walking on the sun

Twenty-five years ago they spoke out and they broke out
Of recession and oppression and together they toked
And they folked out with guitars around a bonfire
Just singing and clapping, man, what the hell happened?
Then some were spellbound some were hell-bound, some they fell down
And some got back up and fought back against the meltdown
And their kids were hippie chicks, all hypocrites
Because fashion is smashing the true meaning of it

It ain't no joke when a mama's handkerchief is soaked
With her tears because her baby's life has been revoked
The bond is broke up, so choke up and focus on the close up
Mr. Wizard can't perform no godlike hocus-pocus
So don't sit back, kick back and watch the world get bushwhacked
News at ten, your neighborhood is under attack
Put away the crack before the crack puts you away
You need to be there when your baby's old enough to relate

All Star

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead
Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do, so much to see so what's wrong with taking the back streets?
You'll never know if you don't go you'll never shine if you don't glow

Hey, now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
Hey, now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
And all that glitters is gold only shooting stars break the mold

It's a cool place and they say it gets colder you're bundled up now wait 'til you get older
But the meteor man beg to differ judging by the hole in the satellite picture
The ice we skate is getting pretty thin the water's getting warm so you might as well swim
My world's on fire how about yours that's the way I like it and I'll never get bored

Go for the moom go for the moon
Somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas I need to get myself away from this place
I said yep, what a concept I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change
Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do, so much to see so what's wrong with taking the back streets?
You'll never know if you don't go you'll never shine if you don't glow

Justin Bieber

Whatever happened to Justin Bieber?
Was he all that or was he left behind?
Did Keith stay with Nikki, or did he leave her?
Just a little something that's been on my mind

Whatever happened to high-top sneakers?
Do you have yours just like I still have mine?
Or did they go out of style just like streakers?
Was it all for real or were we caught in time?

Where did everybody go?
In another ten years or so, when it's after the show
Would you buy another ticket, or just let me go?

Did we have enough of all the Facebook Tweeters?
Did we really have to hear about it all the time?
Whatever happened to the die hard Gleekers?
They covered everything except a song of mine

And the years just keep on flying and I think we've lost control
Is anybody out there does anybody know

Sorry About Your Penis

I caught you looking at yourself don't worry, buddy, you look fine
How'd you get your hair so tight you can't get laid, you might as well fight
It's February and you got a tan I gotta hand it to you, man
You're the bully of the bar tryin' to stand tall thinking you can take 'em all
Sorry about your penis sorry about your penis sorry about your penis

I caught you looking at yourself I bet you've got overhead cams
Personalized plates and all your truck's probably ten-feet tall
I bet you say "dude" a lot I bet you don't do it at all
All the anger's building up you might as well fuck a dude up
Sorry about your penis sorry about your penis sorry about your penis

You don't get it, you never will flaunt with that macho-man overkill
Seeing everything like it was a sport the only thing you'll win is a case of warts
Cookie-cutter men, you all look alike drink 'em up, drink 'em up, fight, fight, fight
Mullet-having ass-grabbing tan manches don't procreate, please
Sorry about your penis sorry about your penis sorry about your penis

She Turns Me On

We're on the move the ride was rough but she was smooth
Waiting in the wings just doing her thing locomoting to the groove
Number one, have some fun, that's the rule of the road
Lois Lane, Mary Jane, we may never get home
Arlene, Annette, Angelina making the scene in a green Karmann Ghia

Just kiss it goodbye on the fly alibi leave her wondering why
I threw her away and I crave yesterday now that she's gone
Now that she's gone, she turns me on she turns me on
Now that she's gone, she really turns me on

The style was wild like millionaires my savoir-faire got everywhere
It was nothing but a thing if you're wondering but now she isn't there
Suzie Q, Peggy Sue, won't you tell me your name
Betty Lou, make it two, if you really got game
April and June got the word now May got play in a lei at the luau

Marlena, Tina, and Belinda
Goodnight Irene, Jean and Lucinda
Jackie O, did she know, did she know
We're on the move the ride was rough but she was smooth
Waiting in the wings just doing her thing locomoting to the groove
Number one, have some fun, that's the rule of the road
Lois Lane, Mary Jane, we may never get home
Arlene, Annette, Angelina making the scene in a green Karmann Ghia

Let's Rock

Lately I've been thinking about the past
About the good times and have they all come and gone
And are there more years behind than ahead then I say to myself
Fuck it let's rock let's rock, let's rock

Lately I've been thinking about who's in charge about who they are
And are they looking down and laughing hard
And are they aliens or robots or humanoids or gods I think I'm just paranoid
Fuck it let's rock let's rock, let's rock

What if someone takes my cat and what if she runs away and what if she gets hit
What if someone takes my chick and what if she runs away
I won't be blue because I know what to do
Lately I've been thinking about my vices
And about the prices that I'll later have to pay
I've been thinking about myself
And about my health then I say what the hell
Fuck it let's rock let's rock, let's rock

No comments: