Followers

Tuesday 29 November 2022

Lana Del Rey Tribute EP

 Video Games

Swinging in the backyard pull up in your fast car whistling my name
Open up a beer and you say get over here and play a video game
I'm in his favorite sundress watching me get undressed take that body downtown
I say you the bestest lean in for a big kiss put his favorite perfume on go play a video game

It's you, it's you, it's all for you everything I do
I tell you all the time Heaven is a place on earth with you
Tell me all the things you wanna do I heard that you like the bad girls
Honey, is that true it's better than I ever even knew
They say that the world was built for two
Only worth living if somebody is loving you now you do

Singing in the old bars swinging with the old stars living for the fame
Kissing in the blue dark playing pool and wild darts video games
He holds me in his big arms drunk and I am seeing stars this is all I think of
Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's this is my idea of fun playing video games

Now you do now you do
Swinging in the backyard pull up in your fast car whistling my name
Open up a beer and you say get over here and play a video game
I'm in his favorite sundress watching me get undressed take that body downtown
I say you the bestest lean in for a big kiss put his favorite perfume on go play a video game

Summertime Sadness

Kiss me hard before you go summertime sadness
I just wanted you to know that you're the best
I got that summertime, summertime sadness

I got my red dress on tonight dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight
Done my hair up real big beauty queen style high heels off, I'm feeling alive
Oh, my God, I feel it in the air telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere nothing scares me anymore

I'm feeling electric tonight cruising down the coast going about 99
Got my bad baby by my heavenly side I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight
Oh, my God, I feel it in the air telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere nothing scares me anymore

Think I'll miss you forever like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky
Later's better than never even if you're gone I'm gonna drive
I got that summertime, summertime sadness
Kiss me hard before you go summertime sadness
I just wanted you to know that you're the best
I got that summertime, summertime sadness

Blue Jeans

Blue jeans, white shirt walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn
It was like James Dean for sure you're so fresh to death and sick as cancer
You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip-hop but you fit me better than my favourite sweater
And I know that love is mean and love hurts but I still remember that day we met in December
I will love you until the end of time I would wait a million years
Promise you'll remember that you're mine can you see through the tears?
Love you more than those bitches before say you'll remember I will love you until the end of time

Big dreams, gangster said you had to leave to start your life over
I was like no please, stay here we don't need no money we can make it all work
But he headed out on Sunday said he'd come home Monday I stayed up waiting
Anticipating and pacing but he was chasing paper caught up in the game that was the last I heard
I will love you until the end of time I would wait a million years
Promise you'll remember that you're mine can you see through the tears?
Love you more than those bitches before say you'll remember I will love you until the end of time

You went out every night and that's alright
I told you that no matter what you did I'd be by your side
Because I am going to ride or die whether you fail or fly well, shit at least you tried.
But when you walked out that door a piece of me died
I told you I wanted more but that's not what I had in mind
I just want it like before we were dancing all night
Then they took you away stole you out of my life you just need to remember
I will love you until the end of time I would wait a million years
Promise you'll remember that you're mine can you see through the tears?
Love you more than those bitches before say you'll remember I will love you until the end of time

Cruel World

Shared my body and my mind with you
That's all over now did what I had to do because you're so far past me now
Shared my body and my life with you that's way over now
There's not more a mind can do you're so famous now

Got your Bible, got your gun and you like to party and have fun
And I like my candy and your women I'm finally happy now that you're gone
Put my little red party dress on everybody knows that I'm the best
I'm crazy get a little bit of bourbon in ya get a little bit suburban and go crazy
Because you're young, you're wild, you're free
You're dancing circles around me you're fucking crazy you're crazy for me

I shared my body and my mind with you
That's all over now I did what I had to do I found another, anyhow
Shared my body and my mind with you
That's all over now I did what I had to do I could see you leaving now

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

I was at Coachella leaning on your shoulder watching your husband swing in time
I guess I was in it because for a minute it was Woodstock in my mind
In the next morning they put out the warning tensions were rising over country lines
I turned off the music tried to sit and use it all of the love that I saw that night
Because what about all these children and what about all their parents
And what about all their crowns they wear in hair so long like mine
And what about all their wishes wrapped up like garland roses
Round their little heads I said a prayer for a third time

I'd trade it all for a stairway to heaven I'd take my time for the climb up to the top of it
I'd trade the fame and the fortune and the legend
I'd give it all away if you give me just one day to ask Him one question
I'd give it all away if you give me just one day to ask Him one question

I was at Coachella leaning on your shoulder watching your husband swing and shine
I'd say he was hella, cool to win them over critics can be so mean sometimes
He was on his knees and I thought he was breaking them down with his words and his voice divine
Doesn't take a genius to know what you've got going
And to not wanna lose it because they lost their minds
What about all these children and all their children's children and why am I even wondering that today 
Maybe my contribution could be as small as hoping
That words could turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts your way

How To Disappear

John met me down on the boulevard cry on his shoulder because life is hard
The waves came in over my head what you been up to, my baby?
Haven't seen you around here lately all of the guys tell me lies, but you don't
You just crack another beer and pretend that you're still here
This is how to disappear this is how to disappear

Joe met me down at the training yard cuts on his face because he fought too hard
I know he's in over his head but I love that man like nobody can
He moves mountains and pounds them to ground again
I watched the guys getting high as they fight
For the things that they hold dear to forget the things they fear
This is how to disappear this is how to disappear

Now it's been years since I left New York
I've got a kid and two cats in the yard
The California sun and the movie stars
I watch the skies getting light as I write
As I think about those years as I whisper in your ear
I'm always going to be right here no one's going anywhere
This is how to disappear this is how to disappear

No comments: