Followers

Saturday 19 November 2022

Joy Division Tribute EP

 Atmosphere

Walk in silence don't walk away, in silence.
See the danger always danger endless talking,
Life rebuilding don't walk away.

Walk in silence don't turn away, in silence.
Your confusion my illusion worn like a mask of self-hate,
Confronts and then dies don't walk away.

People like you find it easy naked to see,
Walking on air hunting by the rivers through the streets,
Every corner abandoned too soon set down with due care.
Don't walk away, in silence don't walk away

Love Will Tear Us Apart

When routine bites hard and ambitions are low,
And resentment rides high but emotions won't grow,
And we're changing our ways taking different roads.
Then love will tear us apart again love will tear us apart again.

Why is the bedroom so cold you've turned away on your side.
Is my timing that flawed our respect runs so dry.
Yet there's still this appeal that we've kept through our lives.
But love will tear us apart again love will tear us apart again.

You cry out in your sleep all my failings exposed.
And there's a taste in my mouth as desperation takes hold.
Just that something so good just can't function no more.
But love will tear us apart again love will tear us apart again

She's Lost Control

Confusion in her eyes that says it all. She's lost control.
And she's clinging to the nearest passer by, She's lost control.
And she gave away the secrets of her past and said I've lost control again,
And of a voice that told her when and where to act She said I've lost control again.

And she turned around and took me by the hand and said I've lost control again.
And how I'll never know just why or understand She said I've lost control again.
And she screamed out kicking on her side and said I've lost control again.
And seized up on the floor, I thought she'd die she said I've lost control.
She's lost control again.She's lost control. 
She's lost control again. She's lost control.

Well I had to phone her friend to state my case and say she's lost control again.
And she showed up all the errors and mistakes and said I've lost control again.
But she expressed herself in many different ways until she lost control again.
And walked upon the edge of no escape and laughed I've lost control.
She's lost control again She's lost control.
She's lost control again. She's lost control.

I could live a little better with the myths and the lies,
When the darkness broke in, I just broke down and cried.
I could live a little in a wider line when the change is gone 
When the urge is gone to lose control when here we come

The Eternal/In A Lonely Place

Procession moves on, the shouting is over,
Praise to the glory of loved ones now gone.
Talking aloud as they sit round their tables,
Scattering flowers washed down by the rain.
Stood by the gate at the foot of the garden,
Watching them pass like clouds in the sky,
Try to cry out in the heat of the moment,
Possessed by a fury that burns from inside.

Cry like a child, though these years make me older,
With children my time is so wastefully spent,
A burden to keep, though their inner communion,
Accept like a curse an unlucky deal.
Played by the gate at the foot of the garden,
My view stretches out from the fence to the wall,
No words could explain, no actions determine,
Just watching the trees and the leaves as they fall.

Caressing the marble and stone,
Love that was special for one,
The waste in the fever I heat,
How I wish you were here with me now.

Body that curls in and dies,
And shares that awful daylight,
Warm like a dog round your feet,
How I wish you were here with me now.

Hangman looks round as he waits,
Cord stretches tight then it breaks,
Someday we will die in your dreams,
How I wish we were here with you now.

Twenty Four Hours

So this is permanence, love's shattered pride.
What once was innocence, turned on its side.
A cloud hangs over me, marks every move,
Deep in the memory, of what once was love.

How I realised how I wanted time,
Put into perspective, tried so hard to find,
Just for one moment, thought I'd found my way.
Destiny unfolded, I watched it slip away.

Excessive flashpoints, beyond all reach,
Solitary demands for all I'd like to keep.
Let's take a ride out, see what we can find,
A valueless collection of hopes and past desires.

I never realised the lengths I'd have to go,
All the darkest corners of a sense I didn't know.
Just for one moment, I heard somebody call,
Looked beyond the day in hand, there's nothing there at all.

Now that I've realised how it's all gone wrong,
Gotta find some therapy, this treatment takes too long.
Deep in the heart of where sympathy held sway,
Gotta find my destiny, before it gets too late.

Transmission

Radio, live transmission radio, live transmission.
Listen to the silence, let it ring on.
Eyes, dark grey lenses frightened of the sun.
We would have a fine time living in the night,
Left to blind destruction waiting for our sight.

And we would go on as though nothing was wrong.
And hide from these days we remained all alone.
Staying in the same place, just staying out the time.
Touching from a distance further all the time.
Dance to the radio dance to the radio

Well I could call out when the going gets tough.
The things that we've learnt are no longer enough.
No language, just sound, that's all we need know,
To synchronise love to the beat of the show.
And we could dance.
Dance to the radio dance to the radio

No comments: