Followers

Tuesday 21 February 2023

The Mission Tribute EP

 Wasteland

I still believe in God and God no longer believes in me

There's a crystal view from my window and I can see the years to come
I live for the burn and the sting of pleasure I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun
I can tear down the walls, storm the barricades run to the place where the frightened crawl
Desire lurks beyond good and evil so I dance on the graves where the hallowed fall
Over this land all over this wasteland over this land all over this wasteland

You can touch, but please keep your distance
You're innocent and pure and with no shame
The spirit is willing, and the flesh is craved
You tease and you taunt with the pleasure of pain
Over this land all over this wasteland over this land all over this wasteland

Heaven and Hell, I know them well but I haven't yet made my choice
I'm feeling scared because I'm shouting loud and no one can hear my voice
I'm walking the tight wire, can't look down strung out high, above you all
Fateful wind blows through this land howls my name, heralds my fall
Over this land all over this wasteland
Over this land all over this wasteland

Let Sleeping Dogs Die

There's the crime of passion and the crime of revenge
But the worst crime of all is the crime of regret
Speak of the devil and the devil may speak of you
Why can't we let sleeping dogs die?

Deep, it cuts deep and the affection, it grows and heaven only knows
What you were to earth and the giving birth to the giving rounds of judgement
And by fact of reason you accuse of treason claim betrayal to the Holy Ghost
Of the sacred past it's fading fast and forever you took my hands and turned it over
Why can't we let sleeping dogs die?

No devil so dark as the devil I know there's no love lost and no reason why
Talk, of faith you talk but you were the one intent on stun you took my glory and pride
Sanctity defied and you never knew what the Gods could bring by playing the game
Of who's to blame it gets harder all the time to put my trust in you
So reverence please, let sleeping dogs die

Tower Of Strength

You raise me up when I'm on the floor
You see me through when I'm lonely and scared
And I'm feeling true to the written word
And you're true to me but still I need more
It would tear me apart to feel no-one ever cared
For me you are a tower of strength to me

You stand firm and proud when the wind blows in your face
And when the sun shines in your eyes you just turn your head away
To me you are a tower of strength to me

You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty
And when there's darkness all around
You shine bright for me, you are the guiding light
To me you are a tower of strength to me

Love Me To Death

Let me come inside your ivory tower
Let me come inside your hallowed walls
God, it's heaven in here fix me with your hand of praise
Fix me with your touch of precious thrills
Your fingers dance across my skin reaching out for the pride of man
Hand in hand, flesh in flesh we're walking through the fire of love
Breath by breath, and flame by flame we burn till the sun rises and shines hot
Love comes gushing, love runs free my love comes all over you my love comes for you
Love me to death, my flower run barefoot through my hair naked on my lips
Love me to death, my precious smother me with kisses drown me in your waves of falling sweetness

Hold me dear, bury me deep
Bless me with your word of savage honour
We love more by fate than design
So give me your hand and I'll gladly give you my life
A flower, that sways in the breeze
You must be stronger than the winds that blow you away
Love me to death, my precious run barefoot through my hair dance wild on my lips
Love me to death, my flower lay me down on your bed of petals
Cover me with your honey, my blossom

Phantom Pain

I think I should go back on the chemicals again
Everything I do feels so tedious and mundane
I have everything I've ever wanted so I don't know why
Sometimes there are days when all I wanna do is die

There is no logic to my way of fucked up thinking
I'm a drift on the sea of apathy and I'm sinking
Every conversation I have feels so inane
How have I become so blase and numb to pleasure or pain

Sometimes it feels like the Night will never end
Sometimes it feels like Despair is my only friend
Sometimes when the Sky is blue all I feel is rain
Sometimes I feel nothing at all but Phantom pain

It's a dark road I take, crossing Rubicon
Just like Leda I lay in the embrace of the unholy Swan
Can't put a brave face on my inertia any longer
I can't live this masquerade, no more

Only You & You Alone

The angels are weeping again for the heart will wander where the flesh will lead
Is conscience really no more than the fear of being caught?
Do you hate yourself for loving me for loving me?
I toss and I turn on this bed of nails because the pills ain’t working
The silence roars like a monstrous ocean and only the shallow breathing 
Of you lying next to me brings me any comforts
It's you, only you, there's only you and you alone
It’s you, there`s only you, there`s only you and you alone

It`s only ever you it's only through betrayal I have found my way back home to you
I've just heard you breathe my name in your sleep or is that just wishful thinking 
Wishful thinking because there's lots of sad words that sound just like my name
And God only knows how many devils visit you in your slumber
The sky is black, even the moon has abandoned us
Tonight smells of jasmine and fallen stars how the reflex always betrays
It's you, only you, there's only you and you alone
It's you, there`s only you, there`s only you and you alone

There are appetites I’d long thought sated
Impulse and desire I’d long thought abated until I'm one with you again
I wanna feel all the hurt and pain I wanna feel the burning shame
I wanna take all the curses and the blame
It's you, only you, there's only you and you alone
It's you, there`s only you, there`s only you and you alone

No comments: