Followers

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Sam Fender Tribute EP


Poundshop Kardashians

I drink and watch the zoo in motion beautiful people devoid of emotion
Sterilised, pedicured, pedigrees and mankind
Thick as fuck and soulless and no longer fear genocide
It's gonna end from what I reckon as I puke my guts up all over the decking
Because the square reeks of plastic action men and Poundshop Kardashians
How am I supposed to change it if I can't see the wood for the trees?
How am I supposed to change it if I can't see the wood for the trees?

There's an orange-faced baby at the wheel of the ship 
Doing donuts in the car park we watch as it all falls apart
We idolise idiots masturbate to their sex tapes
We love them we hate them we want to see them fall from grace
We laugh at them dishevelled on the front page of the mail
Then grab ourselves a pitchfork and go in for the kill
Together light vigils eulogise them on the Internet
When they top themselves when they couldn't take it no more
How am I supposed to change it if I can't see the wood for the trees?
How am I supposed to change it if I can't see the wood for the trees?
And how are we supposed to change it when we can't see the wood for the trees
When we can't see the wood for the trees if we can't see the wood for the trees

Play God

You were cracking all your fingers with your eyes fixed to the floor
Sound had echoed down the street by the monument you hear
Man is screaming through a megaphone get your hands off the Middle East
Every word would heard the cynical every word would cut your teeth
And he will play God and he will play God

It's all the same down in the capital all the suits and clattered feet
Sewer rats will shower the underground in a race to make ends meet
And he will play God and he will play God
Am I mistaken or are we breaking under weight from the long time that he played God?
Am I mistaken or are we breaking under weight from the long time that he played God?
He will play God

No matter who you are or where you've been He is watching from the screen
Keeps a keen eye on the in-between from the people to the Queen
And he will play God and he will play God
Am I mistaken or are we breaking under weight from the long time that he played God?
Am I mistaken or are we breaking under weight from the long time that he played God?
He will play God

That Sound

Serotonin stole the moment the best of me was left under the bed seats
On that somber morning dying for some REM
My mind is always troubled with where have I been where am I going
When my head comes crashing down they're all waiting at the bottom
Tryna claw me down beneath it all every night I beg that sound
It's the greatest revelation it's the only thing that keeps me grounded
I need to hear that sound I need to hear that

Loaded vampires butter me up drop names and sniff up residue
While boasting about their revenue at home I face these green eyed beasts
Everybody wants to leave but no one wants to see you do it
When my head comes crashing down they're all waiting at the bottom
Tryna claw me down beneath it all every night I beg that sound
It's the greatest revelation it's the only thing that keeps me grounded
I need to hear that sound I need to hear that

White Privilege

Start up my motor, eat, drink some burgers and cola
Feed my addictions and vices how my iPhone entices
My echo chamber media, regurgitated trivia
Befall the left and the right, catered for privileged whites
Signing online petitions, thinking I'm making a difference
Don't wanna hear about Brexit, them old cunts fucked up our exit
My generation was duped, the youth were left out the loop
Lies on both sides of the fence left me completely bereft
My bio reads public figure, light and full, check out my figure
Don't even know why they're famous but God, they're so entertaining
I wanna copy what you eat, how you look, who you fuck wanna be anybody but me
I wanna be anybody but me I wanna be anybody but me

Everybody's offended, the joke that just keeps on giving
I'm not entirely sure the nitpicking can count as progression
I'm chewing popcorn, sitting in the back row watching while the whole damn thing implodes
Nobody talks to each other for fear of different opinions
They call the bigots dumb for buying into fear from the papers
Smug liberal arrogance, working class don't fuck with it
It's all just ammunition for the right-wing press the patriarchy is real, the proof is here in my song
I'll sit and mansplain every detail of the things it does wrong
Because I'm a white male, full of shame my ancestry is evil, and their evil is still not gone
Their evil is still not gone their evil is still not gone

Millennial

This tube is the gospel carcinogens keep the wheel in spin
I'm a wheel machine feeding on dopamine
And I worship the tube in all of it's glory
And all the tall stories I swallow dry like the rest
I'm a millennial I'm young and dumb I'm a millennial

Sit back, relax watch the whole world collapse
As they rob your tomorrow you're forced to borrow
It's taken when you sleep swept under your feet
You're rendered obsolete and now you're on your knees like the rest
I'm a millennial I'm young and dumb I'm a millennial

I don't know a thing just pick the rubble up
Which you erupted many years ago and left to me
I'm a millennial

Friday Fighting

Chest pushed out so far his back will break because girls appreciate the very worst primates
Had I known it when I hit the floor fresh from the Mantua war people scream for more
It's Friday fighting it's Friday fighting
On the corner with the reprobates that you will call your mates for all the years you'll waste
This toxic masculinity it's all that I can see in floods of thirsty streets
It's Friday fighting it's Friday fighting

It's Friday and I'm fighting let it all out on someone who doesn't know
What's behind these closed doors but it's Friday, I'll be fighting
You'll find him by the way he walks and all the girls he warps with his addictive talk
The door I turn attention to the boy that had no clue what he was coming to
It's Friday fighting it's Friday fighting it's Friday and I'm fighting
Let it all out on someone who doesn't know what's behind these closed doors
But it's Friday and I'm fighting let it all out on someone who doesn't know
What's behind these closed doors what's behind these closed doors

No comments: